What sitka layering system would you buy? (Yukon moose)

tmhtmh

FNG
Lost 40# and none of my kuiu gear fits anymore. Looking into sitka primarily for an October Yukon moose archery hunt I have coming up, but then would like to be able to use on my normal elk hunts and ideally in the tree stand for whitetail as well. ASSuming money isn't an issue, what setup would you go with? they have a lot of options and want to be careful before spending all that $$

dtrkyman

WKR
Love their core synthetic base layers, as well as the heavyweight hoody. Use KUIU for base pants for the zip off feature.

My outer layers are older so some else can chime in on that, the Ambient stuff is a great mid layer.

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Lost 40# and none of my kuiu gear fits anymore. Looking into sitka primarily for an October Yukon moose archery hunt I have coming up, but then would like to be able to use on my normal elk hunts and ideally in the tree stand for whitetail as well. ASSuming money isn't an issue, what setup would you go with? they have a lot of options and want to be careful before spending all that $$
You should check out FORLOH
100% sourced and Made in America
Lifetime Warranty

Congrats on the weight loss and I feel ya! I lost 39lbs since last summer and my hunting clothes are a little big on me now. I've been running Skre Gear base layers for a couple seasons now and love them. I believe they're a bit less expensive than Sitka. Some of the high end hunting clothing companies have a much greater markup than others...keep that in mind when you buy!
I use both the Skre 150 weight and 300 weight merino base layers and have had no issues. I've hunted in temps down to 28F for hours in a tree and those base layers worked flawlessly.
Perhpas you can sell your larger Kuiu gear on Craigslist or Ebay and get some money back, then put the money towards your new base layers! Good luck