What stresses you out?

CJohnson

WKR
Having to take a dump on the interstate and not knowing how far the next QT is.

In all seriousness though, stress killed my grandfather and almost killed my dad (heart attacks). I didn’t really understand stress until I started taking work waaaaay to seriously. I’m talking 16-18 hours a day working then going home and dreaming about work.

The biggest thing that helped me was a little book called “A guide to the Good Life”. It’s a summary of stoic philosophy and it’s way better than I could articulate in a sentence.

Learning to train for stressful situations like you would anything else and how to accept your circumstances were the two biggest things I took away.

You’re a good person for sticking by your family and being there for them. Just take things one day at a time and it will all work out.

OP
ebonnette0118
Having to take a dump on the interstate and not knowing how far the next QT is.

In all seriousness though, stress killed my grandfather and almost killed my dad (heart attacks). I didn’t really understand stress until I started taking work waaaaay to seriously. I’m talking 16-18 hours a day working then going home and dreaming about work.

The biggest thing that helped me was a little book called “A guide to the Good Life”. It’s a summary of stoic philosophy and it’s way better than I could articulate in a sentence.

Learning to train for stressful situations like you would anything else and how to accept your circumstances were the two biggest things I took away.

You’re a good person for sticking by your family and being there for them. Just take things one day at a time and it will all work out.
I need to check that book out. Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Vandy321

WKR
I don't stress anymore...developed over years of a very high pressure job. Just gotta woohsahh man, slow it all down and deal with one thing at a time when able. Successfully dealing with one issue/task helps build the confidence to deal with the next in a more productive and focused way. Develop a plan, execute that plan the best you can and when done, take time to reflect back on how it went, carry those lessons learned, good and bad, with you to the next task, building block approach, always improving.

That said, I do get stressed as I drive the last few miles to my GMU, with the thought that someone is parked in my spot.

Last edited:

FlyGuy

WKR
My boss. A year with him now. He has a tendency to react extremely poorly to news he doesn’t want to hear. Usually on large conf calls. I’m in oil and gas so everything is shit right now and all the news is bad. He just took two weeks off (French guy, holiday) but I know he is going to lose his shit when he puts it together that I’m going to be out for two weeks in Mid September. Actually had night sweats last night, which hasn’t happened to me in many years.

You can’t cheat the mountain

Building my final house. Want it to be perfect but not take every penny to my name. Also the fact I'm in a tiny apartment in a city with my family of 4 when we are not city folk

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RS3579

WKR
I’m a pretty easy going person. Up this point of my life nothing ever stressed me. I hope it continues to be that way. Don’t worry about stuff you cant control.

I try to live about stress free as possible but there are certain things that are somewhat out my control at stresses me. The biggest one being my kids. My oldest daughter is going through some stuff and it is always on my mind. I hope that I can raise strong, powerful, happy, loving etc. type kids. I try and be the best dad that I can but I worry for them and world that they live in. Not sure how to just eliminate that. I brought them into this world and it would crush me if something happened to them. I would feel like a failure
Other than that I am pretty good at just letting things go. I might get worked up here and there but in the end I just get to a point where I just don’t care anymore. I did my best and that has to be enough with work, friends, hunting and marriage.
My dad has the greatest ability to just laugh things off and the older I get the more I becoming like that.
Now if life really hit me hard I am not sure how I would respond as far as stress. I know I would put my head down and just work

Noco

FNG
Here's what's been doing it for me. Just want to turn my thoughts into words, so...

My twin sister is going through a terribly rocky path in her marriage. I'm her personal counselor right now, it seems.

Trying to keep my mom from losing it, due to the above.

Also trying to help a friend through his divorce.

Just got married a month ago and trying to adapt to living with a female again. It's all good, just getting used to little things that come with it (this one doesn't really stress me, just another big event that has happened recently). Don't get me wrong, I love that woman.

I am way, way, way behind on my usual treestand/food plot prep for whitetail season.

I have way too many projects going on that don't seem to have an end in sight.

Always dealing with my ex wife's BS.

Daughter starting school with all the COVID restrictions (2nd grade).

Work.

I'm too much of a "yes" kind of guy. I never tell anyone no. So I have lots of people asking me for help, all of the time it seems.

Way behind on elk season prep. Need to pack and get the vehicle ready, etc.

On the plus side, I'll be on some mountain in Colorado in 2 weeks.

Shewww, feel better now. Life is good.

What stresses you out?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I would say you need to read a book about boundries. Ive been golden like Ponyboy ever since.

I have no stress because I choose everyday not to. Of course this is the gold standard... nothing is perfect.

Debt free
Drama free
Do not worry about things you cannot control

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
Not much, I'm pretty strong type B. About the only thing that really stresses me out is traffic in a large city on a highway/interstate and Im not sure where I'm going.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Moving houses going into September. Had a deal fall through on selling the current house. Going to be in the mountains in a few days, hopefully that'll clear it up.