What to do with 10 Wyoming points

emmagator

Lil-Rokslider
Ok, I got a little deep with points Wyoming. I had plans to burn them earlier, but it didn’t work out. I want to burn these next year, I’m looking for suggestions.

OP
E

emmagator

Lil-Rokslider
Decide what you want from the hunt and choices should be clearer.
Easier said than done.

Be in elk, have opportunity, no giant needed. Maximize the use of 10pts, best bang for buck. And prefer no bears.

Last edited:

BigDog00

WKR
While general units have some really good opportunities, I wouldn't burn 10 points on them. There are some really good units that you should be able to draw. Check the draw odds on the WG&F website.

wapitibob

WKR
Easier said than done.

Be in elk, have opportunity, no giant needed. Maximize the use of 10pts, best bang for buck. And prefer no bears.

You aren't drawing a bunch of units because you lack the points, and you're not likely to burn 10 on a 5 point unit, so that narrows it down to a handful in the special. Easy access, lots of Elk but no big ones, and no Bears leaves one in my opinion. A tougher hunt but still easy access would add another. Not a lot of choices.

Last edited:

Archer86

WKR
Plenty of units you can access with 10 points and if some are correct and you are willing to spend 2k for a elk tag in the special you might get a better tag then you think. I wouldn't be splitting 10 points with anyone in wyoming and wouldnt spend 10 on a general tag. I would find a unit that interests you and that you are close to drawing and apply special and see what happens next year