What to do with 10 Wyoming points

Laramie

WKR

KHNC

WKR
Lots of comments without looking at the draw odds it seems.
He isn't going to draw 7 unless it is a random tag.
I would look over the odds for myself : https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Hunting/Drawing-Odds/2023-Drawing-Odds
Odds are not zero in 7. 3%+. I have drawn 5 New Mexico elk tags in my lifetime with less than 3% odds. A ton of guys try to draw great areas or units with 5% or less odds each year. 28% with 11 pts. Not good ,but not out of reach either.

I think the increase fee to the NR special will change odds up dramatically.

Not a chance. The guys who are already paying the special fee will keep right on rolling with the higher prices. I don't see it even being a blip in the radar as sad as that is to hear myself say.

wytx

WKR
Odds are not zero in 7. 3%+. I have drawn 5 New Mexico elk tags in my lifetime with less than 3% odds. A ton of guys try to draw great areas or units with 5% or less odds each year. 28% with 11 pts. Not good ,but not out of reach either.
Sorry , I was talking PP draw, I think you're throwing in the random too and I agree on that there is a chance.
Yep, Laramie I've been saying the odds are not going to be the same with the changes.
Yes, guys going in the special draw will keep doing it maybe with better odds the 1st year, but more folks will go the regular and those odds will change for the worse I'm betting.
I'm also thinking those Special odds will go up too when the money guys see they have a better chance/odds the 1st year or two.

I just burnt 10 pts this year on a unit. Feel free to message me after the season and get my report on how it went. I applied in special however. I’ll be hunting the archery season.

Not a chance. The guys who are already paying the special fee will keep right on rolling with the higher prices. I don't see it even being a blip in the radar as sad as that is to hear myself say.
You might be right but asluck would have it, I slid into a spot with a high demand outfitter next year after a cancelation a few weeks back. The canceling party cited the special draw price increase, which seemed silly to me. It's an expensive hunt - what's another grand?

Caseknife

Lil-Rokslider
So go to the draw odds sight, look for the any elk hunts that you could have drawn with 9 points this year, write down the number of the unit on a note pad. Then go to each unit in the Hunt Planner and research to fit your criteria. You will cross a bunch off, due to very limited access, bears, what not. Hopefully you will be left with a unit and if the draw gods are on your side you will draw it next year. Easy peesy.