What's a good duffle bag to store and carry all your clothes in

13bonatter69

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a couple good bags to store and carry all my clothes in when I'm not spiking. I do a lot of base camp hunts and want something of descent quality. I had a couple field line bags but they barely made it two seasons. Waterproof and scent proof would be a huge plus, but that's not a deal breaker. I'm thinking at least good canvas for the material. Treated canvas would be even better! I was looking at the Cabelas "boundary waters" bags, but they are getting some bad reviews for not lasting very long! Anybody got any ideas or info on bags they have had good luck with? Thanks in advance!

I like the TAKU 9000 from Kuiu. It's not waterproof, but it's big enough for my pack, boots, and clothes. I can throw it in the bed of my truck while I'm driving and I don't have to worry about it.

I have several brands - including Kifaru - but I keep using my north face base camp duffles. I now have three in various sizes and they are everything from gym bags to airline luggage.

I also have two G.I. issue duffles and a parachute kit bag in my repertoire. Solid performance for the price.

I am not sure if it would work for you but I have become a huge fan of plastic totes. Weatherproof, fairly scent proof. Stackable and they can be turned into camp furniture - tables, bench, nightstand. I ditched the Walmart grade rubbermaids that were $12-17 each to go to the next level up. A bit more spendy but way worth it. These ones are what I use now:

Rubbermaid Commercial FG9S3100GRAY Brute Tote with Lid, 20-Gallon Capacity, Gray: Lidded Home Storage Bins: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

I ordered them off Amazon thru prime but only a couple at a time as they come in giant boxes that really piss off my ups guy.

another vote for northface basecamp duffle's over here.
i got mine as a gift, but i'd probably buy one if I had to after using it for things from basecamp hunting to general travel.

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
I bought this one for keeping my clothes dry at camp https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Tr...ategy=PWVAV&visitor_id=RMsm4EMiQR_Ji4AOO2_qu4. I know it’s a line they carry at Walmart, but I bought the dry sacks from that line and a backpack with an integrated camel back for my daughter and was super impressed. It was cheap, and it had good ratings so I’m gonna try it out this year. In the past we tried using our really big Kifaru duffle but since most of our camp patterns are the same, it ended up being a big jumbled mess. Ryan doesn’t organize his gear like I do so in the early am it was not pretty. More than one he tried putting on my clothes 🤣 it didn’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

if you are needing a dry bag duffel. the premiere company is watershed. nrs also makes some good ones.

I have had a cabelas one for years and it does work ok.

Igloo maxcold 150 qt. We had two of them in the truck. One packed full of ice, the other is a dry box until needed otherwise.

OP

13bonatter69

Lil-Rokslider
found some pretty descent ones for really cheap today. Thanks for all the replies

REI sells store brand duffels that have served me well. I've taken them all over the world and to elk/deer camp many times.
Various sizes. I think mine are large or xl.
Access Denied

Last edited:

Bughalli

WKR
Northface Basecamp duffles. I've had mine for over ten years and use them for everything...hunting, fishing, airline travel, etc. I even took my large one on trips to Morocco and Egypt. It has shoulder harnesses to carry like a backpack. It's not as comfortable as a backpack, but good for short distances and more functional. Very very durable. I have 3 in different sizes. The older ones had heavier material than what they sell today. They're not waterproof because the seams aren't sealed, but pretty darn good.

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
I bought this one for keeping my clothes dry at camp https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Tr...ategy=PWVAV&visitor_id=RMsm4EMiQR_Ji4AOO2_qu4. I know it’s a line they carry at Walmart, but I bought the dry sacks from that line and a backpack with an integrated camel back for my daughter and was super impressed. It was cheap, and it had good ratings so I’m gonna try it out this year. In the past we tried using our really big Kifaru duffle but since most of our camp patterns are the same, it ended up being a big jumbled mess. Ryan doesn’t organize his gear like I do so in the early am it was not pretty. More than one he tried putting on my clothes 🤣 it didn’t work.

Just came back from my Southern Idaho Mule Deer 🦌 hunt and the duffle bag was the perfect size. I️ wish it had a zipper instead of a Velcro close, but for $25 it works.

WyoElk

WKR
I use the action packers too but for bags check out the mountainsmith bags. I’ve used them on a weekly basis for a lot of years and
They have held up great.

I bought a Gen 2 Kifaru frame that had an AMR in grey, I already had an AMR and a Tahr so I almost sold the grey AMR, but thought hey , this will be a great duffle for my all my FL clothing.

So yea I use an AMR from Kifaru..... just cause

Plus if I ever have someone wanting to do a 10 dayer with me, I can put it on my other frame and they are good to good.