Where does the dog go in your truck?

TheTone

WKR
I have the back seats in my crew cab folded up and the dogs ride on the rear floor

Tod osier

WKR
center console. :)

MG0b6Ca.jpg

Mine rides in the cab and in the truck bed. Depending on how dirty she is or how cold it is. I had a black lab that loves to jump out of the truck when it was moving. Had him on a longer lead and ended him dragging him for a few feet before I could stop. I was going really slow so no damage to him. I ran some airline cable across the truck bed close to the cab with cable stops on either end. Had a short cable tether with clips on either end. He could stick his head out if he leaned really hard but that’s it.

My golden doodle hasn’t shown any signs of jumping out yet when she rides in the bed.

Sophie rides shotgun. Has for the last 12 years and will for her final years. Only hunting partner I’ve had to ride in the front seat every year for the last 12 years too as she hasn’t complained except when she tore her ACL in 2016.

Attachments

• 7A32EF73-E32B-4390-A146-FA0348ECF206.png
    7A32EF73-E32B-4390-A146-FA0348ECF206.png
    1,002 KB · Views: 71

cjdewese

WKR
I'll take a look at the Sequoia as well, I wouldn't mind having the extra space.
I also have a 5th gen 4Runner and a 1st gen Sequoia. I have 2 dogs and 2 kids and the extra room in the Sequoia is very nice to have from time to time and the extra power isn't bad either.

WKR
I prefer a truck for hunting with mine. Hasn't happened yet, but when one of them gets skunked, it'll be a blessing. I use ratchet straps and lock down a Gunner kennel and a Rough Tough up against the cab. When it was just one dog, I put the Rough Tough in the back seat. I'd vote truck with topper and good quality kennels strapped in. Oh and make sure the topper has side opening windows, makes it a breeze to release them.

Also I hate to climb on a little soap box here but having a dog loose in the cab is very dangerous to the dog in a wreck. It's also very dangerous to the occupants though. If you think about the physics and a 30-80 pound weight flying around at high speed it could get pretty bad.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

KurtR

WKR
If your not crate training right from the start your really missing a big step. Mine loves his crate as it is a safe quiet place to sleep and if its in the truck it means we are going to do some thing fun. He goes in it when he is in the house all the time on his own. He will not come out till he is told "ok". A well mannered dog is such a better family member. This is more for bird dogs i could see hounds being a whole different ball game on how you train them.

arock

Lil-Rokslider
Usually a Gunner Kennel in the truck bed. If it is super hot out he'll have a harness on and be attached to one of the seat belts in the back seat.P8080669.jpg

Bonehammer

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for a kennel strapped down in the bed with a camper shell. Safest place for them, no smells in the truck after hunts is nice too