Votes: 22 28.9%
  • Weatherby Vanguard Meat Eater

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • Christiansen Mesa

Votes: 23 30.3%

• Total voters

Elkhntr08

WKR
Voted for the Winchester, but.....if you were willing to look at a Weathermark in 300 Weatherby, that would be my vote.

Two70win

FNG
Another option since you want to stick with 30 cal would be to go with a weatherby mkv weathermark in 300 wby mag. Providing you don't wave the dies for the win mag. That should still be around your $1400 mark. My wife and I each have a Wyoming made mkv and they are sweet! Reloading will save you money, but when ammo is available federal, hornady, etc make ammo for it that's not too steep.

OP
03mossy

03mossy

WKR
Actually I used to own a 300 Weatherby and still have the dies and maybe 80 pieces of brass. The reason I was leaning 300 win mag this time is through all this crazy ammo shortage we are in I am still seeing 300 win mag on the shelves. Last week I started buying some. The Weathermark still is on the table.

Two70win

FNG
Voted for the Winchester, but.....if you were willing to look at a Weathermark in 300 Weatherby, that would be my vote.

Actually I used to own a 300 Weatherby and still have the dies and maybe 80 pieces of brass. The reason I was leaning 300 win mag this time is through all this crazy ammo shortage we are in I am still seeing 300 win mag on the shelves. Last week I started buying some. The Weathermark still is on the table.
If the weathermark is on the table, then that would be my choice as Elkhntr08 stated before me. The new Wyoming made mkv's come threaded and you can add a brake later if you want it. If you are set on the win mag, the accumark is still chambered in it and will be a few hundred more. All of the rifles listed on this forum are great choices though. I've gone through more guns than I care to admit, but I end up keeping Weatherby MKV's and classic wood Model 70's for the most part. The Christensen was my way of owning what a Remington 700 wishes it was.

OP
03mossy

03mossy

WKR
I think why this decision is so tough is I would probably be happy with any one of them but this is a lot of money so I want to make the best choice possible.

OP
03mossy

03mossy

WKR
Well shit... got an email this morning saying the Winchester I ordered Sunday is not in stock like it said! Can’t find another one anywhere.

Buck300

Lil-Rokslider
Well shit... got an email this morning saying the Winchester I ordered Sunday is not in stock like it said! Can’t find another one anywhere.

Check gunbroker there is a new one and used one

OP
03mossy

03mossy

WKR
There was that one on gunbroker you pointed out but that’s now gone. I’m still waiting on my refund from the one I thought I bought this weekend before I can do anything.

I do have a store that has both the Browning and Mesa in stock I am going to go handle again tomorrow.

Buck300

Lil-Rokslider
There was that one on gunbroker you pointed out but that’s now gone. I’m still waiting on my refund from the one I thought I bought this weekend before I can do anything.

I do have a store that has both the Browning and Mesa in stock I am going to go handle again tomorrow.
Good deal, let us know how you like it.

OP
03mossy

03mossy

WKR
Now I am wondering if I should just get a Tikka T3x and build it exactly the way I want it over time...

Moose63Pa

FNG
I received a Mesa for Christmas and I have been thrilled with it so far. I also have a Weatherby vanguard backcountry that I like Just as much. I don't do much modifying to the guns, as I would rather spend money shooting them. I have a tikka t3 that I got for a song and dance, and in my opinion it is nowhere near as nice as the others. I dont think you could go wrong with any of your choices, but I would go with a Christiansen myself.

Now I am wondering if I should just get a Tikka T3x and build it exactly the way I want it over time...
I’ve had both a T3X and Hell’s canyon (in 30-06).
The X bolt was more accurate (1” groups at 300).
The Tikka stock fit me way better than the browning (X bolt stocks are too straight for me. Every time I’d pull it up it would almost go over my shoulder.)
If my X Bolt fit me better I would 100% have it still. Can’t say enough good things about it.

OP
03mossy

03mossy

WKR
I ended up buying a Bergara Wilderness Hunter. Wasn’t originally on my radar but I held one in a different cartridge last week and loved it. The only ones I found of the other guns listed the prices were out of my reach. Picked this up for $750 so now I can increase the scope budget.

rootacres

WKR
I ended up buying a Bergara Wilderness Hunter. Wasn’t originally on my radar but I held one in a different cartridge last week and loved it. The only ones I found of the other guns listed the prices were out of my reach. Picked this up for $750 so now I can increase the scope budget.
Congrats, I voted for the CA on your poll but Bergara makes a very nice rifle. I had a B-14 Hunter in 308 and it shot great for a factory rifle. I think Bergara is one of the sleeper companies that makes a quality package that if they stay on the track they are now could build a solid reputation.