And my two brothers
3azebygy.jpg
upagusa4.jpg

And the best friend
na8uva3y.jpg

Wouldn't have it any other way

shaun

WKR
Don't really have one most friends either don't hunt hunt with outfitters or road hunt so I am a Lone Ranger most the time

vcb

WKR
I hunt solo almost all the time. Friends are just flaky. They all talk about how they want to backcountry hunt but simply won't block out the time on the calendar. I always go....period. It's what keeps me happy

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Dad got me started. My uncle taught me how to hunt hard and deep.

My buddy Jared and I have been hunting for the past ten years. It really is hard to find the right backcountry partner.

My kids are coming up, we have already shared a few speedgoat kills.

I am sure it only gets better!

Mckinnon

WKR
Has got to be my Dad for showing me the ropes and allowing me the opportunity to learn, make mistakes, and ultimately become obsessed! Here is a picture of my Dad and Grandpa, "teaching" my little brother and I how to take care of a deer. I can't imagine we were much help at the time!
3generation2bucksdadchristianmckinnoncameron0001_zpsf9c0aaa1.jpg

Juan_ID

WKR
Hands down it would have to be my granpa, my gramps showed me everything he knows and I couldn't ever ask for a better hunting partner! He's getting up in age and I just recently got him a lot more involved in archery as I gave him my AM32 since I knew he wouldn't buy a new/better one and I didn't want him to burden himself toting around the hills with his heavy ass old Martin! + it was just another reason for me to upgrade! ;) I look forward to trying to get our first archery deer this year together! Good friends are hard to come by these days and I am extremely lucky to have the 2 best friends a guy could ever ask for, my granpa and my wife... Good hunting partners are hard to come by these days, I have had several "friends" come and go cuz they aren't nearly as serious about hunting as I am or because they couldn't keep their mouths shut on areas I had taken them...

Manosteel

WKR
When I started hunting, it was my grandpa then my dad and uncle. My gramps passed away and my pops and uncle are well past their prime, so for a long while solo. Last few years I met a guy just as crazy if not more so than me about back country and mountain hunting. Man I had it good fora while, he moved to the states and now I'm going solo until my son gets old enough to tag along and keep up. Good trustable hunting partners are harder to find then gold! Enjoy them while you can hunt with them.

OR Archer

WKR
My Dad passed away before I could legally hunt but when I was old enough my uncle Sam always made time to take me. Even after working a graveyard shift he'd stay awake and take me deer hunting. Although we don't get to hunt together much anymore I still always enjoy hunting with him. Now a days I like hunting with my son when we have time to go together.

crazy_davey

Lil-Rokslider
None of my family hunts anymore, so I'm left with just the good memories from hunting with dad and family as a kid. I am fortunate to have a couple of friends I really enjoy spending time in the mountains and backcountry with though, pursuing critters and more great memories.

This guy here makes a pretty darn good hunting partner, he puts up with my crap and never complains when my knee starts acting up :eek:. Couldn't ask for a better hunting partner and always have fun when we get out somewhere. Here's hoping we enjoy many more adventures together in the future!

I was very fortunate as a young boy to have a father that was a die hard mountain hunter(started back in the early 70's). He took me out with him all the time, sometimes I hated it as I would rather be hanging out with friends. I now understand why he did it, I respect and thank him for it. He spent many years guiding in the NWT and Yukon but could always find time to take me out hunting once he got home. His passion has always been backpack hunting and I am a very lucky guy to be able to still go out with him and he still can out hike and climb most guys I know, with a heavy pack included. Tough as nails and the best mountain hunting teacher a guy could ask for!

DSC02475-1.jpg

Last edited:

craitchky

Lil-Rokslider
Without question my best hunting partner is my wife!
I got her into hunting about 6 years ago, and she loves it. This year will be our 5th trip to CO for our DIY OTC elk hunt.

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

shanevg

WKR
My buddy Daniel is my best partner to go with as he is the only guy I know crazy enough to drop into any hole we spot game in. We've definitely regretted it a time or two but we've also had success where others haven't as a result. Now they he's in med school it'll probably be a while before we get more than a day of hunting in though.

I also love hunting with my family (dad and brothers) as well as my childhood neighbor and his father. I also have one uncle who I grew up hunting with.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
well, i've had a few great hunting partners. Lost my first two 8 years ago. My best friend was killed by a Taliban RPG in Kabul Sept 20, 2004...then my old man was killed by a hit and run driver 6 months later.

Since then, my wife is by far the best partner I have...but my dogs have proven to have more time on their paws than anyone.

me and the dogs with bear.jpgsammy_guards_antlers_on_pioneer_alert_pose.jpgClass V d(sammy relieved).jpg

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Why dogs make such great hunting partners...? They see animals quicker than I can, and they know when its time to rest!

heathers kryptek sheepcountry.jpgskeeter the sheep hunter.jpgme and skeeter glassing sheep.jpg

Daniel_M

WKR
well, i've had a few great hunting partners. Lost my first two 8 years ago. My best friend was killed by a Taliban RPG in Kabul Sept 20, 2004...then my old man was killed by a hit and run driver 6 months later.

Since then, my wife is by far the best partner I have...but my dogs have proven to have more time on their paws than anyone.

Why dogs make such great hunting partners...? They see animals quicker than I can, and they know when its time to rest!

Nice to see you signed in over here LB. It's tough to beat the satisfaction of hunting with the woman you love!

Daniel (Wasilla)

luke moffat

Super Moderator

View attachment 5977View attachment 5978View attachment 5979

Awesome pics there Larry....those pups will follow you pretty much anywhere huh??

My wife is my hunting partner I hunt with the most. But I've been blessed to really never had a bad hunting partner yet. Been afield is a bunch of guys and I'd hunt with any of them again if given the chance.

RUTTIN

WKR
1020004_1.jpg
I always followed in my dads footsteps, I lost him in 2002. My boy has been one of my favorite hunting partners, always wanting to go one more ridge to see what is on the other side. Now he has his own tags and I get to follow him.