Why so many NL Pure bino (WTS)?

Just curious. I have seen quite a few for sale?
Wondering for those who have sold why?

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
I think there are a lot of people who buy them just to try them out or write a review and then if they can't return them they go up for sale. Most of the time they are listed for prices pretty close to what you could buy them for new (with a little negotiating).

OP
Mule3006Elk
Kenn: probably very true. I'm very interested in the NL Pure binos. Wondering if the optic isn't meeting one's expectation so they put them up for sale. OR maybe along the lines of what you posted.

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
I've read a lot about them, mostly on birding forums, and they are very good - but not perfect. Some people have trouble with blackouts, glare, and rolling ball effect, and others have no issues. I think, like any optic, you have to see how it works for you. I have the Zeiss SF 8X32 and at first I had blackout/kidney bean issues, but with some experimenting I got them set up to where I love them.

eltaco

WKR
Consider there are many folks who purchased the NL without ever lying hands on them. Lead times have been extremely long with low inventories ever since they were announced. I was fortunate enough to get my hands on a pair of 8x (couldn’t find a 10x) and take them to the field with a few others (Zeiss Victory SF, Swaro EL, Leica Noctivids, etc). My personal pair was a Swaro EL 10x50, which I believed to be the best available glass to my eyes… and after a few times evaluating them all, I decided the NL Pure was my personal favorite. I had to place an order on 10x and wait a few months to get them, but overall I find them to be the best pair of Binos I’ve ever laid hands on.

All of these binos are what I’d consider top tier, but each has subtle differences. The fact that I prefer the NL doesn’t mean others will, but to me they’re simply the best of the best.

So all of that said, I think you could look on the used market and find all of the above products for sale… which doesn’t mean anything about their performance or lack thereof. I put my ELs up for sale immediately, and went through a lot of effort to previously decide they were the best fit for me. I hope their new owner appreciates them as much as I had.

Probably many reasons other than performance. Maybe people buy them for a hunt and dont think they have a need for that level of performance after it and dont want to have thousands of dollars sitting in their closet. Especially since you can get close to new prices for slightly used ones. I think some people get all jazzed up and buy top tier items and have a need for that money later.

ohoopee

WKR
I wonder how many purchase one magnification and then decide another
would be better for their usage?

sneaky

"DADDY"
They didn't get drawn for their LE tag in NM,AZ, or UT. By that point they'd already completely given up on NV.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

6.5x284

WKR
Because we needed to try each power size out to decide which one(s) to keep!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaboku68

WKR
Those folks with enough money for NLs are shifting EL Range TAs. They are the preferred tool of dentists and big dog fellers with mad money wads.