Why the Classifieds purge of the SLC?

OutdoorAg

WKR
Maybe its just temporary, maybe it just looks like a lot, maybe its just the tax season sell off to pay Uncle Sam, but there appears to be an over supply of FS ads with guys selling off the SLC.

Why so?

Did these stop impressing everyones buddies around camp? It for damn sure can't be the glass. Ive been down this road, more than once. Buying more expensive glass, less expensive glass, different brands, etc etc - and I can't help but come back to the SLC as (IMO) the best all around binoculars for hunters.

I get that some guys want specific application glasses - ie, big eyes for extended range glassing, RF bins for a single unit Do-It-All, etc. But for binos that you can sling around your neck, use, abuse, and get everything out of in a ergonomic package - I find its hard to beat the SLC.

Maybe I'm out of the loop on something, but if its just chasing the next-best, take my advice - on the current market, the SLC is still the top dog. There have been challengers - Conquest, Trinovid, MeoStar - but in that class, the SLC still holds the iron throne.

So what's up. Why so many for sale?

Terrapin

WKR
Swarovski dropped the retail price; all of a sudden two year old SLCs quit working quite as well as they did 6 months ago...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jpott3

Lil-Rokslider
I sold my 10’s and 15’s to get 12x ELs. I wish Swaro made 12s in the SLC line. I loved both of mine just tired of hauling around the weight of two sets of binos.

AJPERALTA

FNG
Classified Approved
This is my opinion only because it’s what I’m doing. This season I’m going to try the Leica Rangefinding binoculars. Having the SLC’s sitting in the safe seems like a bit of waste. If I decide I want to go back it looks like I could get another pair for about the same price as I sell them for. In the mean time I can use the money for other gear I need. I still think they’re an awesome pair of binos.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'll second that I wish they made some SLC 12s. My 10s do me just fine though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Grumman

WKR
I sold my set because I bought Leica range-finding binos. I stalled for a year on listing my SLCs for sale because I was torn between which ones to keep. Still not 100% sure I made the right decision. SLCs are great binoculars.

BigSky

WKR
This is my opinion only because it’s what I’m doing. This season I’m going to try the Leica Rangefinding binoculars. Having the SLC’s sitting in the safe seems like a bit of waste. If I decide I want to go back it looks like I could get another pair for about the same price as I sell them for. In the mean time I can use the money for other gear I need. I still think they’re an awesome pair of binos.

Doug from Cameralndny just posted this a little while ago on 24hourcampfire. It may be your opportunity to pick up a set:
We just took in a mint used Leica 8x56 Geovid HD-B 3000 Rangefinder Binocular that we can offer you for only $1,599.99

Moserkr

WKR
Ill be in the market soon for 10x42 slc’s. Dont jinx it!!! 🤫🤫🤫.

They are not good everyone should sell dirt cheap. SLC stands for Swaro Laced Coronavirus!! Sell fast and cheap to me!! 😂😂😂

Rob5589

WKR
Tax season. Indebted on credit cards. Moving on to something else. Wife was pissed. And it is possible that they have buyers remorse. Not that Swaro isn't great but, maybe not that much greater than what they had been using. Maybe?

Broomd

WKR
I sold mine because I picked up a set of Field Pro 8X32 ELs.
I thought about hanging on to them but popped them on here reasonably. I figured I was due to pay it forward.
They flew in about an hour.

I think there are a certain amount of people who draw tags or get a guide hunt and stock up on the best gear they can get and then sell afterwards because they have nothing else to use them on. I watch Swaro sales on ebay and its been normal volume there.

KRW4

FNG
I'll second that I wish they made some SLC 12s. My 10s do me just fine though.

x2 on getting a set of the 12 ELs. I do love the 15 SLCs though! Can't quite shake the thought...

BigPrince

FNG
ELs give me a headache. You can have all of them lol

is this common? Seen it a couple times recently. Was thinking of selling my SLC 10s for some ELs. I recently got an ATX and really like the field flattening but haven’t sat behind them for a long period of time yet. Thought I might like the field flattening on the ELs also.

is this common? Seen it a couple times recently. Was thinking of selling my SLC 10s for some ELs. I recently got an ATX and really like the field flattening but haven’t sat behind them for a long period of time yet. Thought I might like the field flattening on the ELs also.
"Rolling ball" is an issue for about 5% of people, not really as common as people make it out to be. I was worried about it when I ordered my 10x50 ELs but never had any issues with them. They're just plain amazing, I won't use another binocular.