Why the NR HATE?? Let's fix it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sucks but if you want to hunt a state so bad then move there. Whatever excuses you make just prove it’s not a priority for you. Personally I’m strongly considering moving to AK, because I don’t want to pay the monies as a NR. But I’m not bitching about pricing, either.

Anyone have real data on the Western states allocations as they stand now- resident v nonresident?
Just ratio alone doesn’t mean much unless you look at population/demand from both R/NR. The fact that WY is the least populated state in the Union, fairly well substantiates that thier Resident demand for tags is going to be a low number, compared to the NR demand. So if they have a 75/25 R/NR and that equates to 90% of residents drawing, they can be viewed as much more R friendly than a state with 90/10 ratio, yet only 70% of residents are getting a tag.

I see your point, my oversimplified point was that the NR $$$ isn't going away any time soon. The demand vastly outweighs the supply and people are spending more on hunting than ever before.

Yes but there is always a breaking point. Reason these threads are becoming more prevalent.

Many are making a pretty big bet in regards to their hunting future, by simply not caring to listen.

Do you have any opinion on what the breaking point is?
The breaking point is when the tag prices arguably outweigh the equivalent value of quality meat from the store. The NA model does not protect “frivolous” killing, and the anti’s will damn sure make that argument that hunting for meat that expensive is not necessary when it becomes the standard tag price.

Do you have any opinion on what the breaking point is?

No, But its getting closer. Application cost for marginal opportunity is the big killer.

The OTC closure in CO is going to be a big one. Especially since thats where Parks and also current legislative influence is anything but pro-hunting.

No, But its getting closer. The OTC closure in CO is going to be a big one. Especially since thats where Parks and also current legislative influence is anything but pro-hunting.
I look at Colorado otc being eliminated as a good thing from a nr perspective they are still going to issue a decent amount of tags to nr its not like they are going to eliminate it entirely

The breaking point is when the tag prices arguably outweigh the equivalent value of quality meat from the store. The NA model does not protect “frivolous” killing, and the anti’s will damn sure make that argument that hunting for meat that expensive is not necessary when it becomes the standard tag price.

That is a really interesting argument. I haven’t seen that before.

I never hated NR hunters and have a bunch of out of state friends who I enjoy hunting with but,
after reading some of these "burn it down"," give all public land away" bullshit, I may have to change my mind and make exceptions.

I'm in a unique position where I come from a state that offers OTC tags to anybody and everybody. I have a lifetime license that gives me a buck and a doe WT tag every year for the rest of my life.

Now I just moved to a state that I have to put in for a lottery, simply due to the limited number of animals. Which is fine, but what I don't support is things like the expo that just happened where there are definitely some questionable draws that occurred.

I think everybody should have an equal opportunity to a tag, via a fair and balanced system. I do not support the whole the more money/power/influence you have the more guaranteed you are to a tag. Us everyday Joe's far outnumber the priveleged, yet they somehow get tags every year.

I haven't read every single thread but why on Earth do some people want 100% resident tags? Then you can only hunt your home state, it doesn't make sense to me. I would much rather have every state allow at least 20% non-residents including mine so I am allowed to travel the west and Hunt other areas. We're all Americans and hunters. I agree like Braveheart we need to join the clans.

Why in the world if your state's already at 80/20 would you not want say Utah, Nevada and New Mexico all to go to 80/20. It's no skin off your back and you're getting more opportunity to hunt the west. We need to be more willing to share instead of hoard everything till everything is shut down.

I never hated NR hunters and have a bunch of out of state friends who I enjoy hunting with but,
after reading some of these "burn it down"," give all public land away" bullshit, I may have to change my mind and make exceptions.
Ditto

Hahahahahahaha. For what any of us spends on hunting, we could buy more quality meat than we could use. And a lot of the anti's are vegetarian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back