Windproof Lighter & Hot Tent Fire Starter

Carl

FNG
Has anybody tried out the pyroputty yet compared to the above methods? (new sponsor)
I bought the little deal of PyroPutty for my hottent stove. It seems to work really good. I also use the Wetfire cubes, and I think the pyro did a better job at lighting some large damp tinder that I was using. Seems like the small tin, like the size of a silver dollar, will make 12-15 fires.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

amp713

WKR
Every experience is going to be different but I've done the cotton balls with vaseline, I also pack a handful of match books in waterproof areas throughout my pack. A single match may help you, lighting up a hole match book at once may save you is my thought. They weigh almost nothing and any waterproof spot, ziplock bag or dry bag I usually toss one in.

I also usually have my backpacking stove and a small small canister even if I have a wood stove and I've used it just the same as a blow torch when wood is wet on the first start up. Just have a big stash inside drying out and you shouldn't have to do that part too often. It has it's own igniter that hasn't failed in 10 years. I also pack two or three cheap mini bic lighters.

I may be over board on firestarter but I bet all of it combined isnt much weight and one day it could be a life saver so I'll stick with it.