Would you rather?

WKR

WKR
If prices were the same or close, would you rather go with a:
Atacr 4-16x42 f1
Or
S&B Exos 3-21×50 sfp

I know they are completely different scopes and focal planes but there is a used exos im eyeballing pretty hard. Originally was just gunna get the baby atacr but that s&b looks nice.

Going on a 7prc mountain rifle. For hunting and long range plinking. No competition shooting.

Macintosh

WKR
Personally, for a scope like that sfp would be a dealbreaker for me. If you dont care about ffp vs sfp, then were I in your shoes and making a choice like that, I would let my reticle preference make my decision for me. Only reason I dont own a NF scope is the lack of a reticle I like.

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
Personally, for a scope like that sfp would be a dealbreaker for me. If you dont care about ffp vs sfp, then were I in your shoes and making a choice like that, I would let my reticle preference make my decision for me. Only reason I dont own a NF scope is the lack of a reticle I like.
The reticle is very similar, with a slight edge to the Exos because it has a floating dot rather than cross on the NF

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
NF all day, and I personally would never buy a used rifle scope because you never know the round count it has. Lots of scope brands have issues with abuse/tracking and NF is at the very bottom of that list.

Reactions: WKR
OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
NF all day, and I personally would never buy a used rifle scope because you never know the round count it has. Lots of scope brands have issues with abuse/tracking and NF is at the very bottom of that list.
Yeah...I never have and thats kinda whats kept me back from pulling the trigger. A demo or display model sure but used....you never know.

JBubs

FNG
Another vote for the NF, I like first focal plane and the durability/reliability of a NF is hard to beat. I have to admit I dont have much experience with Schmidt and Bender

NF. I had an Exos. Absolutely couldn’t stand the illumination dial. (They are releasing a new version with the illumination on the parallax). Made mounting a pain and looked plain silly.
Also, I can’t see any difference between the ATACR glass and the Exos glass, and I still think the ATACR is built better.