Would you rather

92xj

WKR
Would you rather support Company A that is USA made and sourced which has a D-bag owner and company views that different from you or Company B that has a solid owner that you respect and company views and values that align with you (besides the next part) but their product is not USA made and sourced?

OP
92xj

92xj

WKR
How is the dbag being determined?
Topics, political views and issues brought up on the internet and discussed like rokslide. Plus, seeing random pictures and post make him/her/they/them/it/cat seem like someone you don't want to be associated with, like a d-bag. All of that gives you a gut feeling that you trust inside.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I think I know who you’re referencing but what’s funny is that 2-3 different owners came to mind. Which just goes to show you, depending on who you are, who you like, everyone can be considered a D bag.

When did our society become so damn polarizing that someone with a different view can’t be associated with? Just seems like it’s getting worse and worse.

Geewhiz

WKR
When did our society become so damn polarizing that someone with a different view can’t be associated with? Just seems like it’s getting worse and worse.
I dont think association is the issue, but rather it seams as though the OP doesnt want to support a company that is pushing an agenda that is contrary to his or her own beliefs.

I dont think theres anything wrong with that.

Would you buy a product from a company that is vocally anti-2A?

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I dont think association is the issue, but rather it seams as though the OP doesnt want to support a company that is pushing an agenda that is contrary to his or her own beliefs.

Does it matter is they are vocal or not vocal?

OP
92xj

92xj

WKR
I honestly had no one in mind personally when I created this. Just a random thought that came about after reading a few threads.

To answer my own question, I am torn. I really, and I mean really, like the fact that any company goes the route of USA made and sourced. But I also stand behind my personal beliefs and when I dislike someone, I really dislike them and don't want to support anything that are associated it. It's a catch 22 for me.

KurtR

WKR
Topics, political views and issues brought up on the internet and discussed like rokslide. Plus, seeing random pictures and post make him/her/they/them/it/cat seem like someone you don't want to be associated with, like a d-bag. All of that gives you a gut feeling that you trust inside.
I would just not buy from them. I also wouldn’t need to start a thread to make me feel better about it. Seems kinda of d-bagish…..

WKR
I don't "support" commercial enterprises. I purchase goods that best support my own endeavors. I'll buy from either if they're selling what I need. I'm not putting a sticker from either company on the back of my truck.

OP
92xj

92xj

WKR
I would just not buy from them. I also wouldn’t need to start a thread to make me feel better about it. Seems kinda of d-bagish…..
I'm not in the market for anything, at the moment, and this thread isn't going to push me one way or the other. And this thread is not making me feel better or worse about anything. Good try though, your little line in there was cute. Hope you get the "likes" you were after.

NRA4LIFE

WKR

This is why I have not been to McDonalds in 30 years.

NCTrees

Lil-Rokslider
Is company B making or sourcing their products from communists? If so, answer is “C,” I’ll do without. Although honestly this is as much social media as I partake in so I’m unlikely to know where a given company stands on anything or who is represented by D-baggins.