Would you rather

IdahoBeav

WKR
Which product is better? "Made in USA" is not the indication of quality it once was, and the manufacturing and materials process can be highly outsourced, with only a fraction of the process occurring stateside, and the product will still receive a "Made in USA" label.

Personally, I don't believe that virtue signaling politics or religion should be involved in the business world, but it won't stop me from buying a product if I feel it is the best on the market or the best at suiting my needs.

It depends honestly. Don’t feel bad about however you want to spend your own money. However, I will say I’ve had issues with business owners being turds before (directly to me about business) and I will not spend a dime with them and I will recommend others stay away as well.

Would you rather support Company A that is USA made and sourced which has a D-bag owner and company views that different from you or Company B that has a solid owner that you respect and company views and values that align with you (besides the next part) but their product is not USA made and sourced?
B

ArcherAnthony

Lil-Rokslider
I try to buy USA made and sourced as much as possible. The company I work for takes pride in sourcing our materials from US even if it cost us more.

TaperPin

WKR
About 10 years ago I quit giving money to aholes. I’d rather go without.

I felt like a kid a Christmas when I had a chance to get a custom barrel from the guy I considered the best gunsmith in the country - it would be one of those prized toys I’d never sell. At the last minute he blew me off with a bs excuse and wanted to weasel out of our agreement. Since then I’ve discovered what a weasel he really is and am glad he never got a dime from me.

Scoot

WKR
I try to buy American made, but my answer to the question is B.

B. We live in a global economy. I'm going to buy the product that represents the best value for money while contemplating quality, customer service, etc. I suppose in an extreme situation an individual could influence my opinion if they are a real AHole. I save my strong feelings for things like my family, friends, and local community where I can (hopefully) impart real and meaningful change.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
It's hard to make this a binary question as their are shades of douche-baggery. There are brands I won't buy because of their marketing strategy. I don't think they're bad people, I just don't like their model.

I'm going C, try and find another brand that is US made if I can. There is a price point thing in this equation too. If I can buy a comparable non-us made item for 50 bucks and the US made one is 100, I'm going the non-us made item.

I would just not buy from them. I also wouldn’t need to start a thread to make me feel better about it. Seems kinda of d-bagish…..
While I'm assuming the end of your response was tongue and cheek, I can assure you @92xj is about the farthest thing from a D-Bag I've ever met. While he may live by the following quote from Jane Austin(sorry but its true), he's a super good dude.

“I cannot forget the follies and vices of others so soon as I ought, nor their offences against myself...My good opinion once lost is lost forever. - Fitzwilliam Darcy”

Just to give him some non-dbag cred. Less than a year from open heart surgery/pacemaker(surgery not due to him being unhealthy) the dude came on a bear hunt with me and another guy. No tag, just wanted to come and help. We were there for 5 days, which didn't work with his work schedule, so he drove the 5 plus hours on his own Friday and shared in the packout with us on Sunday. He's followed this up 2 more years, just wants to help. I will also add I was on a solo elk hunt right after he had surgery, pretty sure he checked in on me almost every day to see how it was going. Granted that may have been for his sanity rather than seeing how my hunt was going. He's one of the more generous guys I've met when it comes to his time, willingness to share gear. The amount of times I've sent the Bernie Sanders meme of "I'm once again asking... to borrow your chronograph" seems higher than it should(p.s. I have a Garmin on order you can borrow if you want @92xj).

Okay, I'll stop pumping up a dude I met off Rokslide years ago when I asked to borrow his kifaru pullout pouches, to see if I could recreate them.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'll put it this way......I'd rather buy from a narcissistic d-bag if what they're making is what's best for me, my family, and the nation as a whole. ;)

Many of my best friends are d-bags. Without exception, all of my ex girlfriends, who once thought I was the greatest thing since cake, now think that I am a d-bag. many people do not agree with my opinions, yet they will still behave decently and might give you the shirt off their back if you needed it. I like to buy USA made whenever I can. I will pay extra for it. But not if it’s crap.

All that being said, Michael Jackson, is a giant tea bag . I will not listen to his music.

jahaze

FNG
I'm willing to pay extra for quality, and most made in USA stuff is better (most, but not all). I like hand made stuff, especially leather goods.

With that being said, I could care less about the owners thought/beliefs. They have no bearing on how I think/react how they choose to spend their money or express their opinions is up to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seekoutside vs argali? I vote option A........begrudgingly.
This one came to mind for me as well. I have no clue why but when I first started looking at tents I just loved the stuff Argali was making. I ordered an Absaroka 4p and all the accessories. Although it’s not made in the US, it was a better value for the money I thought, their customer service has been phenomenal, and for some reason I’ve just been so pleased and impressed with them.

I'm more concerned about who/what the company supports. I'll take the biggest d-bag in the world if he's backing hunting, trapping, houndsmen, etc. Im sure there are plenty of d-bags that just put on a fake face for social media.