Would you rather

Bama67

FNG
It amazes me that people support companies that hate them.

Example: I would never pay money for a Patagonia jacket since I know the purple-haired people that work there vehemently despise me and everything I stand for.
Therefore I would take my money to a company that doesn't openly hate me, like LL Bean or something.

Loaded question honestly. Generally I go with the better product right? Sometimes I boycott because someone is a **** gobbler.

Case in point. There was a scope and weapons mount manufacturer and if you go back 15ish years and he was charging astronomical prices for his mounts. I don't think he had a single item under $250 at the time. His mounts are really good. However as a former machinist, I knew exactly how much his material cost were and what his machine run time was. So I asked him why he charged such outrageous prices. His response was a bunch of blovating about "super high quality, excellent material blah blah blah" and went on about stuff that was not relavent to cost. Generally he was acting like a pure D-bag. So I hit him with material cost and machining time of what that stuff would run for and then asked how he justifys the 200% markup on labor and materials. He shut up quickly. Fast forward a few years and his prices became reasonable and I'll actually buy his weapon and scope mounts when I need them.

Dwnw/theAltitudesickness

Lil-Rokslider
Think there is so much more than just option A & B. By who makes it where. Induvial economics come into play as well. I end up fixing a lot of things myself, plumbing, electrician, mechanic, carpentry etc. if I have to have the part today I will most likely support the local parts supplier. But if I can wait for it, usually some parts supplier can have it to me in a week. To me I would rather get something for half the price and plan my work accordingly.