WY Wilderness guides

Blackcats06

Lil-Rokslider
Are there services in Wyoming that will "guide" a non-resident hunter in wyoming so one can go into the wilderness. Looking for something similar to new mexico where you have to be with a guide for 2 days then you can hunt by yourself for the rest of the hunt. I understand in wy you have to be with them all the time but looking for somethin similar and what the cost, if any, it would be. Thanks

Are there services in Wyoming that will "guide" a non-resident hunter in wyoming so one can go into the wilderness. Looking for something similar to new mexico where you have to be with a guide for 2 days then you can hunt by yourself for the rest of the hunt. I understand in wy you have to be with them all the time but looking for somethin similar and what the cost, if any, it would be. Thanks

You could always try to make a friend in Wyoming and have them “guide” you or whatever it is they have to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gabenzeke

WKR
Short of having a resident friend I don't think there are any loopholes there.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Outfitters have these people called "guides" on their payroll that should be able to do exactly what you're looking for!

yfarm

WKR
I was on a pack in trip last October sw of Cody, in the area there are 2 licensed outfitters. In our hunting area we had a wyoming resident bring in 3 out of state hunters he turned loose. The next day the ”guide” showed up in our camp after dark asking if we had seen his hunters. One of our guides recognized the “guide” and his truck at the trailhead, when we exited our outfitter headed for the local fish and game officer, the outfitter was pissed, said in all his years hunting this was the first time. If you are a non resident hunting in a wilderness area you must be accompanied by a wyoming resident, if you pay the individual for his services, he is a guide operating without proper forest service permits in a area already with permitted outfitters. Residents please correct me if I have misinterpreted the regs.

grfox92

WKR
There are no loopholes. What the OP needs is to hire an outfitter. Hiring or paying someone who isn't a lisenced guide through an outfitter is illegal.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

There are no loopholes. What the OP needs is to hire an outfitter. Hiring or paying someone who isn't a lisenced guide through an outfitter is illegal.

You can actually hunt with a resident, I’m just not sure if the term is “guide” or “sponsor” or “host”. Obviously they can’t take money for it

grfox92

WKR
You can actually hunt with a resident, I’m just not sure if the term is “guide” or “sponsor” or “host”. Obviously they can’t take money for it

I'm aware. I'm a resident and have been a resident guide. He's asking specifically for some type of "Service". To me that means he wants to pay for someone's services.

This just gave me an idea. What if we could genetically engineer someone to be really really tiny, like just a few inches tall and a few grams of weight. Have a whole clan of them and establish WY residency. Then you pick one up and go hunt the wilderness for pennies on the dollar. We'd call them 'pocket guides.' We would include a tiny saddle we would hot glue to the brim of you hat and they'd just ride on that. Each night for dinner they'd only eat one grain of rice and a crumb of bacon. At night you'd put them in a little rigid container so you don't roll over on them and squish them. They could offer services other guides don't like detailed inspections for ticks and ear wax extraction.

gabenzeke

WKR
This just gave me an idea. What if we could genetically engineer someone to be really really tiny, like just a few inches tall and a few grams of weight. Have a whole clan of them and establish WY residency. Then you pick one up and go hunt the wilderness for pennies on the dollar. We'd call them 'pocket guides.' We would include a tiny saddle we would hot glue to the brim of you hat and they'd just ride on that. Each night for dinner they'd only eat one grain of rice and a crumb of bacon. At night you'd put them in a little rigid container so you don't roll over on them and squish them. They could offer services other guides don't like detailed inspections for ticks and ear wax extraction.
I like it, but they need to also have small optics and a mode of transportation so they can spend all year scouting for me.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

KHNC

WKR
Make sure you have a grouse tag with you while you are walking around with your bow in the wilderness. If you see a permitted outfitter, tell him WYOGA sucks peepees.

Brings up a question... Having never hunted in Wyoming, does Wyoming do "drop camps" where an Outfitter/Guide gets you into a hunting camp that may be just your's or shared with other clients, then picks you back up at a designated time.. The hunting itself is pretty much self-guided.. Just curious.. I know some states in some area do.. Thanks

Wallace

Lil-Rokslider

Wake and bake?

WKR

Whatever it is you're smoking, consider the possibility of reducing the dose slightly.

...or increase it significantly and see what happens.

Laramie

WKR
Brings up a question... Having never hunted in Wyoming, does Wyoming do "drop camps" where an Outfitter/Guide gets you into a hunting camp that may be just your's or shared with other clients, then picks you back up at a designated time.. The hunting itself is pretty much self-guided.. Just curious.. I know some states in some area do.. Thanks
Yes but not in wilderness areas.

Ok.. Thanks for the clarification.. That makes sense.. Wilderness is a different animal for DIY..

The Tall, But True, Tale Of A Little Mummy Discovered In Wyoming, Now Lost In Time | Your Wyoming News Source

If we can just find Pedro's family, we're in business.

KHNC

WKR
The Tall, But True, Tale Of A Little Mummy Discovered In Wyoming, Now Lost In Time | Your Wyoming News Source

If we can just find Pedro's family, we're in business.
Always someone coming up with an idea first dangit. @Dos Perros

edtombell-cl2-shrt21.jpg

"Can't make up such a thing as that-I dare you to even try." - Ed Tom