Wyo Special Apps are down in #’s

Curious if this will cause a big jump in the regular draw applicant numbers. I bet it will, but with the economy not doing so hot not sure if it will be as extreme as if this had happened a few years ago.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
By no means destitute, and really enjoy hunting Wyoming, but when you add up all the associated costs for this is it really worth it. As glockster stated NR rates are not sustainable especially with the current inflation on everything. The ones who will feel the fall out perhaps is the outfitters, then the supporting business types, restaurants, hotels, convivence stores. The country is going broke and the states right along with it.
I understand your point, but I doubt it will be noticed. Outfitters? Maybe. The community? No.

ckleeves

WKR
If elk special tags are way down, wait for deer and antelope! Free for all on the unit you want.
I’m really curious to see how this plays out after this year when odds are posted. I mean a CO LO antelope voucher is gonna run 1000.00+ and then tag cost on top of that for a unit that’s kinda junk compared to most wy units. And that’s about as cheap of a LO voucher as it gets. NM you’re not getting any sort of LO speed goat tags for 1200.00.

I bet if odds do get crazy good it doesn’t last long once people catch on.

lintond

WKR
Basic economics. If supply is fixed raise prices to reduce demand to meet supply levels. Unfortunately this benefits the wealthy with the most disposable income.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic economics. If supply is fixed raise prices to reduce demand to meet supply levels. Unfortunately this benefits the wealthy with the most disposable income.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correct. And this was exactly why the increase was implemented so the draw odds in the special draw improved.

WYOGA pushed this heavily and stands to benefit the most, along with their clients n

Archer86

WKR
Yeah they didn't even give a percentage that it was down. Watch it is only down 50 apps yet they are trying to make it look like it's alot lower then years past we won't know until mid may for sure. It's going to be interesting.

I don't think they did it to increase deer and antelope though everyone will be watching the elk draw to see what happens before deer and antelope draw deadline comes I would with out a doubt be applying in the special and going for units I didn't have enough points for just incase. that's what most my friends and family did this year that could afford it swing for the fence and see what happens

RunNGunSC

FNG
There are clearly tags that will be oversubscribed in the special. The drop is from those lower tier units and hunts that still sold out in the special last year but aren’t worth $2K plus travel expenses.

jtl

FNG
I put in for Western General Elk on the regular draw with 5 points. I'm guessing I don't draw it..

KHNC

WKR
Regular draw stayed the same. Don’t want to pay 2k, just apply in the regular draw.
I bet close to 70% more applicants in the reg draw this year. Point creep will be outrageous. Makes no sense to say it "stayed the same", just because the price didnt increase. You think all those "special" applicants just went away? Not another elk tag in the west that costs 2k either.

drdrop

FNG
Gotta ensure tag availability for the people that can afford guided outfitter hunts…
This is really what it was about if you look into who was advocating for this new change in the 2023 Legislative Session that passed this terrible bill into law.

Lots of complaints about the economy in this thread, but investments are at their peak valuations ever. Why not splurge on extra money for higher draw odds?