Wyoming Draw Results

Carlin59

WKR
In the ~dozen mid-tier deer, elk, and antelope units I follow each year, there were some definite examples of major point creep. A lot of high point holders jumping into the action on these mid tier units. Ex. A tag that drew out at 9 points last year with a max of 12 points, had a bunch of guys jump in at 15 points this year, driving the draw-out level to 12 points. Hoping a lot of former sideline sitters cashed in this year, but honestly not looking forward to draw odds in the years to come.

j_volt

WKR
I drew a doe tag in 47. Now, I am debating a quick weekend trip with some fly fishing in late September OR maybe a slight detour on the way back from my elk hunt in late October.

Jackal7

Lil-Rokslider
I drew in Unit 26, but my hunting partner/cousin was not successful. Looks like I am solo in camp this August.

hutty

Lil-Rokslider
Drew buck tag for 113 and was fortunate to do so. Started hunting there when 0 was 100%. Bunch of buddies got denied on special (never happened before). Thankfully have back up plan for 23.

Quota for 113 had gone down considerably since 2019 from 74 to 51 for non resident pp.

Last edited:

Jackal7

Lil-Rokslider
Looking at the published draw results, my odds were 37.5% to draw in Unit 26. And after a quick look at other units for non-residents, it seems like my unit was much better odds than most. This is a significant departure downwards from a few years ago, unless I am missing something.

Looking at the published draw results, my odds were 37.5% to draw in Unit 26. And after a quick look at other units for non-residents, it seems like my unit was much better odds than most. This is a significant departure downwards from a few years ago, unless I am missing something.
26 was one of the few units in that general area that didn’t see a tag cut, and it really should have. IMO that is the reason you seen 26 get slammed with apps this year. A few years ago you had decent odds of picking 26 up as second choice, not so much now.

Leading a Group into unit 21! My Dad (first time leading pops on a hunt!) my cousin and my uncle (this is a bucket list hunt for my uncle).

we are super excited and all have "any antelope" tags to fill! anybody have any experience with unit 21? would love any intel if someone is willing to share! DM me :)

thanks!