Wyoming General Birds

So I got talked into making the trip north to try and find a Merriams. Well they did it again absolutely taking it to me. I've killed plenty of turkeys but all have been river bottom Rios. Everytime I get out to hunt Merriams here in CO or NM they give me the slip. Anyways I was just curious if anyone could point me in the direction where I would have a good opportunity to tag out on my non-res general tag. I would be willing to help out on a rio hunt in CO or with info about other CO species.

I did a lot of research over the course of feb to now on where to hunt general. Sadly I didn't get to go because of graduation, car problems and others but I did find out some good info. Obviously up by Sundance is your best option but it is a lot of private. I was looking at medicine bow area. Most people I know have already tagged out for there. Let me know if that helps.

crumy

WKR
Hey Wyo... when you say Medicine Bow, you don't mean down by Laramie do you? I am wanting go after a turkey next year but didn't think they were around here. I know some up in Wheatland but that is a lot of private.

ssliger

WKR
Hey Wyo... when you say Medicine Bow, you don't mean down by Laramie do you? I am wanting go after a turkey next year but didn't think they were around here. I know some up in Wheatland but that is a lot of private.

They transplanted some up around vedauwoo. I have seen them a couple times. I am curious about Medicine Bow as well.

crumy

WKR
I may have to do some walking around Vwoo.. If I can find any info out do you want to go after them in the spring ssliger? I have a box call and slate that hasn't got to do any work since 2005.

ssliger

WKR
I may have to do some walking around Vwoo.. If I can find any info out do you want to go after them in the spring ssliger? I have a box call and slate that hasn't got to do any work since 2005.

I would love to, I have never hunted turkey's . Looks like an excuse to buy a new shotgun.

BigDog00

WKR
I too have seen some in the Vedauwoo area. I use to work for the forest service out of Laramie and spent a lot of time in the Med Bow. Never saw any birds except over by the pass heading east. I shot a bird over by Lusk 2 springs ago, but haven't hunted anywhere else in Wyoming. I know the Big Horn/Sheridan area holds a lot of birds, but as others have mentioned I believe its mostly private.