Any wool pant recommendations?

Here is a little differant perspective. Many of you are focussing on style and fit. Your choice. I grew up with woolrich pants for warmth, wear and general durability.

I normally would get about 10-12 years out of a pair of pants. The large legs gave me freedom to step over logs in the downfall while keeping me warm. Snow didn't seem to get me wet but downpours could soak in but usually would drip off the cuff without soaking my underware.

A wear item is usually around the cuff where sticks and staubs can catch and rip the edge. We usually fold six inches inside the pants to form the cuff and put in a seam at the bottom and the top to give strength and durability for wear.

Typically they were tough as hell in the legs but i ride horses a lot and the crotch, especially below the zipper would wear out or needed reinforcing.

During my college years, when money was thin, the butt cheeks would get thin and would require a patch which which I would make out of the surplus when I shortened the legs.

One year I sewed a complete second layer on the butt from old pants. It bought me another five years but felt a great deal like wearing a diaper. I try to buy a replacement pair about every 5-7 years but now I am inclined to stock up when available due to lack of availability.

I have only hunted once in jeans. They were cold, tight and frozen at the end of the day. The tighter pants might be good in Arizona but being in deep snow most of hunting season, I tend toward woolrich or Big Bill.

fwafwow

WKR
Take to a seamstress, or get them modified. Remove cargo pockets, install side hip zip vent. Cut pockets in half, and resew on front of thighs.

Those mods make them way better.
Done. I agree they are better with the narrower pockets and added hip vents. I found a tailor, but I think I'm paying Big City prices.

IMG_1505.jpegIMG_1506.jpeg

fwafwow

WKR
After shortening, I also took the Big Bill pair to a seamstress to have them narrowed.
IMG_1504.jpeg

Up next, the Micklagaards are getting tailored.

I'm apparently on course to have the most expensive 3 pairs of wool pants ever worn hunting.

Dobermann

WKR
Done. I agree they are better with the narrower pockets and added hip vents. I found a tailor, but I think I'm paying Big City prices.

View attachment 688875View attachment 688878
Thanks for showing us your undies.

The pants are pretty good too.

But seriously - would be interested to hear more about how you find these in use after the mods. Given how specialized they are, I've been wary about making Form's changes for some reason, even thought the benefits are obvious. ...