Common courtesy and decency

Yoder

WKR
It’s been said a couple times already but I think it’s the anonymity of the internet. It’s real easy to be a prick when you can’t get punched in the face for running mouth.
That's why people use the super cool names like Mokeyballs123 or Deerslayermurderer77. I always use my last name to try to keep myself in check. I am actually an Ahole in real life, but I really try to only say things I would say in person.

JMasson

Lil-Rokslider
That's why people use the super cool names like Mokeyballs123 or Deerslayermurderer77. I always use my last name to try to keep myself in check. I am actually an Ahole in real life, but I really try to only say things I would say in person.
I hear you. I have my first initial and my last name as my username. I’m not trying to hide behind anything. I try my hardest to be cordial to everyone until given a reason to do otherwise. I would hope that if I ever run across a fellow member at a trailhead, they recognize the name and we can have a conversation.

gabenzeke

WKR
Mankind is screwed. I often feel guilt when I think about the fact that I brought my 3 year old into this world. Not kidding at all. I'm scared for what he will have to deal with as he gets older.

People just suck.
Don't ever feel sorry for raising dragon slayers in a time of real dragons. Can't remember where I heard that quote, but it makes me feel ever so slightly better about having brought children into this world. Just have to raise them to stay above it all and hope for the best. Maybe their generation will turn it all around.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Yoder

WKR
Mankind is screwed. I often feel guilt when I think about the fact that I brought my 3 year old into this world. Not kidding at all. I'm scared for what he will have to deal with as he gets older.

People just suck.
Imagine how people felt having kids during the great depression and WWII. We have it easy.

CMS829

Lil-Rokslider
Don't ever feel sorry for raising dragon slayers in a time of real dragons. Can't remember where I heard that quote, but it makes me feel ever so slightly better about having brought children into this world. Just have to raise them to stay above it all and hope for the best. Maybe their generation will turn it all around.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
That's a good attitude to have. I really hope so. Because things are not looking good. I doubt I'll ever get a chance to bring him elk hunting. We won't ever be able to get a tag or afford it by that time

MTgunguru

FNG
Where and why have we lost this? I rarely post but enjoy reading and learning from everyone on this forum. This morning I read a string that makes my blood boil. A member posted seeking advice on a piece of equipment. The question was general in nature. He instantly got lit up about the vagueness of his question. One guy goes as far as to basically call him lazy and how dare him waste everyone’s time because he didn’t do his own research first. I see other posts where guys get admonished for seeking guidance on some topic before they provide “value” to the forum.

Please help me understand why we can’t, as a community here, be respectful and just answer people’s questions without being jacka$$&$ about it and having to earn it? Isn’t that the spirit and intent of this place? For us, as a communal resource, to provide value and advice without strings attached?
There are a lot of keyboard warriors out there. FB and Twitter are horrible