Kifaru Bino Harness Review

It also appears some photos that the lower buckles might be to far back. In other worlds doe it interfere with your shoulder straps on your pack? It looks the shoulder straps would come right over the buckles possibly digging into your side with a pack on.

From sg holmes IG. That side buckle is squarely under the pack strap. My fhf and marsupial harnesses don’t go under the pack straps. Looks like you’ve gotta start feeling that dig into your ribs after a while?

Attachments

• IMG_3140.png
    IMG_3140.png
    980.9 KB · Views: 180
OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
For everyone whining about Kifaru sending out a batch of bino harnesses to people before the presale, I hope you understand that happens all the time. Many companies will make a small batch of a new product and get it out into the hands of testers (and yes, sometimes influencers) for several reasons.

It doesn't typically have any bearing on when you get a product you ordered.

In this case, I would bet all the Kifaru bino harnesses in the hands of people currently were part of the first/test run, done before the presale.

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
From sg holmes IG. That side buckle is squarely under the pack strap. My fhf and marsupial harnesses don’t go under the pack straps. Looks like you’ve gotta start feeling that dig into your ribs after a while?

I’ll double check, but I don’t remember my buckle riding under my pack strap. Maybe I was focused on hunting instead of the gear, though. So to be fully honest, I’ll double check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pirogue

WKR
Why is the lid a D/rounded triangle shape and not just the shape of binos? Can you post more photos opened?
X2. As a bow hunter, I don’t want something protruding out from my chest, farther than my backpack protrudes outward from my back.

Jethro

WKR
It is pretty big. If you are a guy that likes to carry lots of gear on your chest you may not notice. But I'm not and compared to my SG, the size is noticeable. Neither good nor bad at this point, just different. The Kifaru does weigh 4 ounces more alone as compared to the SG w/ rangefinder pouch attached.

Quality of build is good. After about 1/2 hour I was getting the feel for 1 handed no look closure. I shot dozen arrows while wearing it. That is where size was most noted. Not at full draw and shooting. But at the point of arrow nock and release hook up. The extra size was right by where my hands would be. If that makes sense.

Haven't hiked with it or worn under my pack. Just got it yesterday. Lots of storage pockets and lash points. If you're into that kind of thing, I could see this being a good fit (provided it carries comfortably).

IMG_2155.jpeg

pirogue

WKR
It is pretty big.

I shot dozen arrows while wearing it. That is where size was most noted. Not at full draw and shooting. But at the point of arrow nock and release hook up. The extra size was right by where my hands would be. If that makes sense.

View attachment 573863
Makes a lot of sense. Exactly what I was talking about. In addition to nocking, sometimes you need to be in stealth mode, nocked, and low profile. Lot more ways of interference, than only considering a short axle to axle compound bow at full draw.

Jethro

WKR
I wore mine last night under pack. The buckles of harness were not under my pack shoulder straps like shown in post #61. (pic shown) 3 mile hike, so approximately an hour. No comfort issues, no strap rub. I put my SG tether on so binos can't fall to ground. Will need to tweak that if its a permanent fixture.

I did find it to be top heavy. Top/lid area was loose on my chest. Bottom was snug where the strap goes around you. But no way to pull the top tighter to body. It was little sloppy. I think the around the back straps should have been mounted higher on the harness. If I was hunting I doubt it would bother me. I'm sure I'd put on the harness and never think about it. But just hiking last night nothing to do but talk to the dog and stare at the new harness, it was noticeable.

IMG_2163.jpeg

I'm starting to see these pop up in the classifieds with bino fitment issues. Can anyone elaborate? I would hate to order a size to small when I get the email that they are back In-stock.

It is pretty big. If you are a guy that likes to carry lots of gear on your chest you may not notice. But I'm not and compared to my SG, the size is noticeable. Neither good nor bad at this point, just different. The Kifaru does weigh 4 ounces more alone as compared to the SG w/ rangefinder pouch attached.

Quality of build is good. After about 1/2 hour I was getting the feel for 1 handed no look closure. I shot dozen arrows while wearing it. That is where size was most noted. Not at full draw and shooting. But at the point of arrow nock and release hook up. The extra size was right by where my hands would be. If that makes sense.

Haven't hiked with it or worn under my pack. Just got it yesterday. Lots of storage pockets and lash points. If you're into that kind of thing, I could see this being a good fit (provided it carries comfortably).

View attachment 573863
Thanks for this. I have one on order and currently use SG. I think it’s going to be a catch and release for me at that size but I’ll give it a fair shake.

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm starting to see these pop up in the classifieds with bino fitment issues. Can anyone elaborate? I would hate to order a size to small when I get the email that they are back In-stock.

There are some sizing issues. I may be wrong… but I think there may have been more than one sizing chart?
The other issue (In My Opinion) is the differences of opinion on how binos “should” fit in a case.

I have bigger than average binos.
I followed the sizing chart.
I can’t remove my binos from the case with one hand. For me, that’s too tight.
I decided to move up one size on the bino case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jethro

WKR
Thanks for this. I have one on order and currently use SG. I think it’s going to be a catch and release for me at that size but I’ll give it a fair shake.
You’re welcome. Little update, as I now have about 1/2 dozen hikes with it. Maybe 20-25 miles total. Now that the newness factor is over the bigger size doesn’t bother me. I put the harness on and don’t think about it or notice it except when I want my binocs. Which is what I want from a harness.

It wears comfortably. No rub no fatigue. With no webbing patch on the backstraps it does take more care to get it on tangle free.

Haven’t decided if it will get used over my SG, but for someone that wants some storage on their chest, I think the kifaru would be a solid choice. I have not tried the under lid pockets yet, but will. My phone is not getting stored in my harness regardless of which manufacturer I use.

Last edited:

Jethro

WKR
If this helps with sizing, I have the medium harness. My binocs are cabelas euro 10x42. They are 6.5”H, 5.25”W, 2” thick.

Medium harness feels perfect to me. Secure but easy in and out.

wy_will

FNG
I was going to order one of these, but am now a bit hesitant. I want one to carry my binos, rangefinder, a few extra rounds, and maybe some diaphragm calls without being bulky. I also want to be able to run a kydex holster under it using something like a Razco.

I was thinking about a Marsupial or Stone Glacier originally, but pretty set on the Kifaru when it first came out… Now I’m lost again

Jethro

WKR
I was going to order one of these, but am now a bit hesitant. I want one to carry my binos, rangefinder, a few extra rounds, and maybe some diaphragm calls without being bulky. I also want to be able to run a kydex holster under it using something like a Razco.

I was thinking about a Marsupial or Stone Glacier originally, but pretty set on the Kifaru when it first came out… Now I’m lost again
Well don’t let me discourage you. It’s just bigger than I’m used to. I could use it problem free but admit it provides more storage than I need. I can’t offer any help with the holster.

Kylerjay05

Lil-Rokslider
I'm going to be limited help, but I received mine a week ago. Tried everything I could do to get my 10x42 slc to fit well. They are just plane tight. 2 handed cumbersome operation for me. I'm not sure if it's the lining material or what. I ordered the recommended medium.