Vintage S&W and Backcountry Sidearms

Getting back to your revolver, if you decide to carry it again, instead of the 158 lead ammo, buy a box of .38 +P in 125 grain HP. If you choose to carry .357 ammo, the 125 grain HP is a street proven round. Us old time LEO carried the 19 until the 66 came out. With a couple of speed loaders, you can send some rounds downrange. Of course the auto loader (Glocks that WE carry now) seem to be a lot more efficient for Officers that tend to shoot their duty weapons only once or twice a year.

howl

WKR
If you pick another style of handgun, you'll have to learn to shoot it. You would probably find different sights, than what that gun has, easier to use. The trigger on newer versions won't touch what you have, though.

OP
applepie_eli

applepie_eli

Lil-Rokslider
It’s pretty tough to beat the Glock 20 for a woods gun. I carry mine almost all the time. I still carry a revolver occasionally but less and less as time goes on.

No doubt. So far it has been as reliable as my revolver. And my thinking is that if something does malfunction with a Glock (or any auto), it's a lot easier to fix than if something went wrong with a revolver. But so far not a problem with either one.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
No doubt. So far it has been as reliable as my revolver. And my thinking is that if something does malfunction with a Glock (or any auto), it's a lot easier to fix than if something went wrong with a revolver. But so far not a problem with either one.

Yeah, if a revolver jams....its not going to get fixed in time for another shot.

OP
applepie_eli

applepie_eli

Lil-Rokslider
Getting back to your revolver, if you decide to carry it again, instead of the 158 lead ammo, buy a box of .38 +P in 125 grain HP. If you choose to carry .357 ammo, the 125 grain HP is a street proven round. Us old time LEO carried the 19 until the 66 came out. With a couple of speed loaders, you can send some rounds downrange. Of course the auto loader (Glocks that WE carry now) seem to be a lot more efficient for Officers that tend to shoot their duty weapons only once or twice a year.

Thanks for the advice. I've been thinking about using 38s in it for a while actually.