2016 Swarovski 15x56 difference?

huntsd

WKR
I Am looking at buying a pair of 2016 swaros 15s from a fellow rokslider. Does anyone know if there has been an optical upgrade since then? I.e. if I bought a pair of 2021 15s are they the same glass?? I’ve called Swarovski 2x and they can’t give me a straight answer. Thanks for the help!

The ocular lens opening is significantly larger on the new model, providing an easier sight window (more leeway). I have yet to look through the new model so I cannot comment on it other than the above. I do have the old version that you are referring to. They are outstanding with outstanding depth perception. Depending on price, I would not hesitate purchasing the version you are looking at if I found myself in the market.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The newer model is significantly better optically. I was actually shocked the first time I compared the new and old side by side. Worth the extra cost to get the latest version IMO.

Coop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBob

WKR
I believe the change from the older "NEU" models to the new HD happened in 2013. I never heard anything about updated coatings or any other improvements since the HD's were introduced.

Original version 1999-2005
NEU 2005-2013
HD 2013- present

The HD's have Abbe-Koenig prisms instead of Schmidt-Pechan prisms. Abbe-Koenig's have several pluses over the Schmidt-Pechan. HD's have a different body covering, are a little lighter in weight, a slightly larger field of view and slightly more eye relief, an added flouride HD lens element in the objectives for reduced color fringing.

Last edited: