2024 Idaho General Draw! 10 days until the MADNESS!

zacattack

WKR
I don’t understand what’s happened since they went to this method. Just a few years ago there were always leftover tags for most of the state. Is it strictly the fear of missing out or just competition drives people nuts?

cravingame

Lil-Rokslider
Sold out a bunch of units at lic vendors within 12 minutes, the update on the website is wrong. A lot of those tags are not available.
What should I get?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 13-21-07 Idaho IDFG License - Catalog.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 13-21-07 Idaho IDFG License - Catalog.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 13-21-33 Idaho IDFG License - Catalog.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 13-21-33 Idaho IDFG License - Catalog.png
    195.1 KB · Views: 55

ID_Matt

WKR
Being able to buy multiple tags for others in person is BS if you ask me. Have heard stories of guys standing in line with a guy in front of them buying 10 tags for others. Would think it would be reasonable to only allow direct family or cap the amount you can buy for others. With the way it is, what is stopping someone from creating a business to buy others tags in person?

CorbLand

WKR
Does anyone know how seriously Idaho has considered putting some of these high-demand units into a draw system? If they're trying to allocate fairly, this first-come-first serve system has run its course with this much demand.
How would a randomly assigned number to buy it be any different than a randomly assigned number to draw?

Beendare

WKR
I’ve been flying in to buy a non res Id tag, this my 3rd year. It used to be a good strategy. Now even at a rural vendor, there were 25 guys in line behind me.
I can only imagine what it was like in places in Boise that are easy to get to.

Mostly residents buying tags for other guys I know for a fact some of them were charging 300 bucks and up.

On my plane yesterday, I counted approximately 27 hunters flying in to buy a tag, heck I talked to 10 of them. One guy said an outfitter told him $2000 to buy a tag for him.

The unit I wanted was sold out as of 10:03. I had the website up on my phone, it was slow to update sold out tags.

Flying worked, until now.

CorbLand

WKR
Being able to buy multiple tags for others in person is BS if you ask me. Have heard stories of guys standing in line with a guy in front of them buying 10 tags for others. Would think it would be reasonable to only allow direct family or cap the amount you can buy for others. With the way it is, what is stopping someone from creating a business to buy others tags in person?
Dont be giving EPIC and Huntin Fool any ideas.

Jimmy

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been flying in to buy a non res Id tag, this my 3rd year. It used to be a good strategy. Now even at a rural vendor, there were 25 guys in line behind me.

Mostly residents buying tags for other guys I know for a fact some of them were charging 300 bucks and up.

On my plane yesterday, I counted approximately 27 hunters flying in to buy a tag, heck I talked to 10 of them. One guy said an outfitter told him $2000 to buy a tag for him.

The unit I wanted was sold out as of 10:03. I had the website up on my phone, it was slow to update sold out tags.

Flying worked, until now.
That sucks to fly in and not get what you wanted