2024 Idaho General Draw! 10 days until the MADNESS!

Because the outfitters return all their unsold tags to the general pool and all the people that panic bought the zones will return them once they do some research.
Ahh ok makes sense. Thought returning tags was a joke! Who are these people who drop nearly 1k on a hunt who didn’t do any research!!!

IdahoBeav

WKR
Ahh ok makes sense. Thought returning tags was a joke! Who are these people who drop nearly 1k on a hunt who didn’t do any research!!!
It's awesome for deer, though, because we residents can pick them up as 2nd tags and hunt them without the unit-specific limits.

How would a randomly assigned number to buy it be any different than a randomly assigned number to draw?
1) If you can buy in person, proximity to Idaho becomes an unfair factor.
2) In person, you can buy more than one tag per person. Something about putting you in a longer line if you're buying more than 5 I think it said on the IDFG site?
3) The site didn't seem to crash this year, but in years past, a crashing website has been a factor.

Even with these three, wouldn't it be better to have a fair system that doesn't put us all into so much chaos?

CorbLand

WKR
1) If you can buy in person, proximity to Idaho becomes an unfair factor.
2) In person, you can buy more than one tag per person. Something about putting you in a longer line if you're buying more than 5 I think it said on the IDFG site?
3) The site didn't seem to crash this year, but in years past, a crashing website has been a factor.

Even with these three, wouldn't it be better to have a fair system that doesn't put us all into so much chaos?
No, it wouldnt. Your odds would decrease due to more people being willing to participate in a draw than the current system. Change it to a draw and in 10 years you all will still be bitching that the draw system doesnt work and now we need a point system, oh wait people already do bitch about that.

Wildlife is managed by the state for the residents of that state. Idaho owes nonresidents nothing, zip, zilch. It doesnt have to be fair for nonresidents.

Jimmy

Lil-Rokslider
As someone put 40,000 in line, I'm not really upset by the current system. It's fun to talk about, but I'm not upset. Maybe limit the tags to 2 or something but I had a chance.

As long as there's more people wanting to hunt than there are tags, someone's gonna be unhappy.

I was next in line annd being redirected to the website. it did not redirect me to the site. after 3 minutes it kicked me out of Que and now I'm at 52000. Did I do something wrong here?

87TT

WKR
If you understood the draw system in Idaho, you wouldn't want one. There is only one chance every year for one unit. No preference points so you start over every year. You could never draw a tag in your life. How about we make Idaho a once in a lifetime hunt for NR?

I got my nonres buddies all of their tags. They were having no luck online.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
Hey Buddy Ahmed Aldoori GIF - Hey Buddy Ahmed Aldoori Hello - Discover &  Share GIFs

Well that was pretty awesome. It was my turn even though noting was left I wanted to look anyway. Got the spinning wheel and then a pretty elk picture that said " Oops, something went wrong try again later"

Jimmy

Lil-Rokslider
I was next in line annd being redirected to the website. it did not redirect me to the site. after 3 minutes it kicked me out of Que and now I'm at 52000. Did I do something wrong here?
Maybe that explains why the number is dropping about 500 every 2 minutes....

Zbot

WKR
I was 3079 and DAV was sold out by the time I logged on. Oh well, got my Nv bull a few months ago so I’m still on cloud 9.

Archer86

WKR
No, it wouldnt. Your odds would decrease due to more people being willing to participate in a draw than the current system. Change it to a draw and in 10 years you all will still be bitching that the draw system doesnt work and now we need a point system, oh wait people already do bitch about that.

Wildlife is managed by the state for the residents of that state. Idaho owes nonresidents nothing, zip, zilch. It doesnt have to be fair for nonresidents.
I dont see it going that way at all as far as the draw is concerned what are the odds to get a deer tag in montana? Buy a couple preference points and good odds you draw. Idaho would be no different sure some of the better areas will have lower draw odds. But that's the risk you take.

the current method sucks Outfitters buying lots of tags. people flying in to get tags. A normal draw would absolutely put everyone on the same playing field and would take everyone that wants a otc tag out of the equation for the limited quota tags I am trying for haha