.204 insert and collar systems

Interesting. I've not seen those before. Do they cover more arrow than the easton BAR things? At least cover the section between the insert and the point/broadhead?
Those Top Hat rings are about 1/4" long. I believe seating depth on a HIT is around 7/16" to 1/2", so there would be a small section of shaft forward of the HIT that a Top Hat ring would not cover. You still have the shank of the broadhead running through that portion of shaft though. IMO the primary purpose of a collar is to prevent possible splintering at the face of the shaft, not necessarily to reinforce the wall of the shaft.

V-TRAIN

WKR
I built my rip tko 350's with easton hit inserts and gold tip kinetic kaos collars from their 340 arrows and they fit perfectly.

ncavi8tor

WKR
I will not build a 5mm arrow without using Iron Will HITs and collars! I've seen the front of arrows split and mushroom without the protection of a collar or BAR system. I want the business end of my projectile as robust as possible!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

S.Clancy

WKR
What are people shooting at that is destroying the front ends of their arrows?
It's all a phenomena they have built up in their minds. My Easton Axis with Brass HIT survive everything outside of a direct hit on a rock. I can't expect more than that.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
It's all a phenomena they have built up in their minds. My Easton Axis with Brass HIT survive everything outside of a direct hit on a rock. I can't expect more than that.
I've hit rocks after passing through grouse before without any issues. I even hit a steel t-post square into the angle one time trying to squeeze the arrow through the gap between the t-post and the 50 yard target butt (about 2").......into the 60 yard target. Mushroomed field point, but the arrow was good.

But I will say that the Black Eagle Rampage's and GT Kinetics both seemed pretty fragile, even in a .250, and .200 spine respectively. Outside of those two I haven't seen any issues.

Syng2015

FNG
Ethics Archery has a code Rokslide10 if you care to try them.

I'd also not hesitate to use Iron Will's system, or a random HIT with Valkyrie collars.
Valkyrie stuff is for 166. The collars are just not designed to fit a 204 arrow. Some collar sizes can fit, sure, but it'll protrude out more than an Iron Will or Ethics collar. It's not worth the cost unless you happen to have a bunch lying around that you aren't going to use.

Their collars are also threaded for their broadheads and points. It's not enough to cause interference but I'm sure it'll cause annoyance.

Atlas9214

FNG
if you have the money Iron Will is the best man. Other option that are solid as well are ethics. I have both. I like the iron wills a touch more because of the warrenty.

Atlas9214

FNG
if you have the money Iron Will is the best man. Other option that are solid as well are ethics. I have both. I like the iron wills a touch more because of the warrenty.
Also if you are looking for a great guy to build them, look up Adam’s precision archery. He is out of Georgia. Great dude and makes a lot of Rip TKOs.

I have had my rip tkos with brass inserts for about 2 weeks. Already had one insert come out of the arrow and the 25gr portion at the back of it break off. That arrow had about 2 dozen shots on it, one into soft dirt when I forgot to dial the sight back down, and the actual failure occurred when the arrow hit 2 rubber horse stall mats. The arrow was stopped in the mats, and the field point+insert were shifted forward about 1/4".

Not a great first impression on the durability of the Easton brass insert and hit epoxy.

S.Clancy

WKR
I have had my rip tkos with brass inserts for about 2 weeks. Already had one insert come out of the arrow and the 25gr portion at the back of it break off. That arrow had about 2 dozen shots on it, one into soft dirt when I forgot to dial the sight back down, and the actual failure occurred when the arrow hit 2 rubber horse stall mats. The arrow was stopped in the mats, and the field point+insert were shifted forward about 1/4".

Not a great first impression on the durability of the Easton brass insert and hit epoxy.
I've shot hundred of Easton Axis arrows, normal HIT inserts and brass inserts. I've shot them into rocks, 2x4's, elk shoulders, metal, etc. Not once I have had an insert move. I have to imagine the inserts in your arrows were installed with incorrect epoxy

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've had my RIP TKO 250's with 75gr brass HIT's for three years now, and haven't had a single issue with them. But I did start using some 2-part golf club epoxy a few years ago that seems to work really well on ALL arrows. Some arrows just seem finicky with a good set on the HIT epoxy.

I've heard multiple reports of Easton's epoxy not holding well in RIP shafts. I'm guessing there's something unique about the surface finish on those shafts that can cause poor adhesion.

ncavi8tor

WKR
I've had my RIP TKO 250's with 75gr brass HIT's for three years now, and haven't had a single issue with them. But I did start using some 2-part golf club epoxy a few years ago that seems to work really well on ALL arrows. Some arrows just seem finicky with a good set on the HIT epoxy.
Do you have a link for the type of golf epoxy you use?? There's so many different ones. Thanks!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I've heard multiple reports of Easton's epoxy not holding well in RIP shafts. I'm guessing there's something unique about the surface finish on those shafts that can cause poor adhesion.
perhaps. I scored the inside of the shaft pretty agressively with a brass bore brush and used the Easton hit epoxy. Perhaps 5miles golf club epoxy is the answer for adhesion, but it still doesn't solve the problem of the back piece breaking off the brass.

This setup was super expensive and time consuming, and so far it's performing noticeably worse than the pierce platinums i've used the last 4 years.

TheTone

WKR
What are people shooting at that is destroying the front ends of their arrows?
Agreed. I watched a buddy of mine miss so many things and shoot so many grouse with axis arrows and hits and he maybe splintered one arrow I knew about

A RIP TKO with a 50gr insert and 25gr collar should get you right at your desired weight, you can get the 10gr collars as well. I'm shooting a 26.75" arrow with 100gr inserts and 10gr collars and my arrows are 488gr with a 100gr point.

Whose collars are talking about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sndmn11

WKR
Which epoxy?

I grabbed some of this stuff last week and I have had a 5 inserts move already.