.204 insert and collar systems

I haven’t used Iron will but the materials and craftsmanship look amazing. I have used Ethics for .166. They are made well but i found that to get the right weight i had to use aluminum footers, which is not ideal. They have a stainless option but then it’s makes the weight up front too heavy. It is quality and made well. My dad has used the VPA and they are okay, cheaper for sure. They were light which is good for adding protection but not weight. Again I think they were aluminum. Whatever footer/collar you use I recommend against aluminum as they can bend. Podium archery sells a collar as well that is titanium. I would choose iron will if I could afford it.

Syng2015

FNG
I haven’t used Iron will but the materials and craftsmanship look amazing. I have used Ethics for .166. They are made well but i found that to get the right weight i had to use aluminum footers, which is not ideal. They have a stainless option but then it’s makes the weight up front too heavy. It is quality and made well. My dad has used the VPA and they are okay, cheaper for sure. They were light which is good for adding protection but not weight. Again I think they were aluminum. Whatever footer/collar you use I recommend against aluminum as they can bend. Podium archery sells a collar as well that is titanium. I would choose iron will if I could afford it.
Iron Will stuff has the same build quality and tolerances as Ethics. For .166, the only options I would trust are the Valkyrie system, Iron Will Snyder Core, or all steel Ethics. I don't even like titanium for .166 arrows.

Impact collars don't need to be very tough. Outserts and outsert sleeves do, and should be steel because the walls are so thin. The Young's modulus just isn't good enough in titanium for me to trust it.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
That stuff is very permanent. I've used it a bunch
Yep. I've been using golf club epoxy for years, and that specific stuff for about three years now. I figure if it's strong enough to keep club heads attached to shafts with the forces they take on impact, then it should work great on inserts for arrows. I've never had any issues with it.

chocolab

Lil-Rokslider
curious if anyone has used the "half-jacket" system that Ethics makes for Sirius? it's an insert/collar combo that is pretty nice looking

Stress tested the epoxy this week. 10 yard impact into an elk shoulder bone, no movement at all despite basically bouncing out of the elk. Wish it had hit an inch or two back though.
20230905_102617.jpg