6.5 C or 308?

Marshfly

WKR
Your post was explaining why the 28 knocked the animal down and the 6.5's didn't. I believe he even stated that the 6.5's were shooting ELD's but I don't remember what the 28 was if he stated. If you're going to state that the 28's temporal cavity caused the animal to drop then there's got to be a reason why that's the case.
Why are you trying to assume what I'm saying?

My statement was in response to his insistence that he did not hit the CNS and I was explaining how that could happen. Nowhere in my post did I reference caliber until you tried to put words in my mouth.

Why are you trying to assume what I'm saying?

My statement was in response to his insistence that he did not hit the CNS and I was explaining how that could happen. Nowhere in my post did I reference caliber until you tried to put words in my mouth.
But HE referenced caliber in a specific situation he laid out in which you replied to so it's relevant to the discussion unless I just need more coffee. I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying about the CNS disruption, but relevant to the discussion it would seem that your explanation actually lends to his anecdote that the 28 knocked their animals down better than their 6.5's.

Marshfly

WKR
But HE referenced caliber in a specific situation he laid out in which you replied to so it's relevant to the discussion unless I just need more coffee. I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying about the CNS disruption, but relevant to the discussion it would seem that your explanation actually lends to his anecdote that the 28 knocked their animals down better than their 6.5's.
It doesn't. Bullet choice, placement , plus the inherent variability of what happens to that bullet inside the animal is what knocks down an animal. All it takes is a tiny nick on the CNS to drop the animal. Could be a pencil lead size bullet or bone fragment. That can happen from a 223 or a 300 win mag with virtually the same probability. Without a necropsy there is zero way to know why each animal died differently. I am certainly not going to postulate that from behind a keyboard.

Wrongside

WKR
I’ve owned a few of both. And hunted the 6.5CM a lot the last several years. I’d take the 6.5. Given good shot placement, it’s always resulted in meat in the freezer with 1 shot. Same as everything else I’ve used. Moose, elk, deer- it works great and is easier to shoot well than the bigger chamberings.

Probably 100% the wrong bullet, a Nosler BT. 100 yards or so usually. I know another guy who lost 3 zebras with a 6.5. Stupid hard animal to kill.
Most of the game I have killed over the last 30 years has been with a Ballistic Tip, in 6 mm, .257, 6.5, 7 mm and .338
If there is a better bullet for killing I havnt found it

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Most of the game I have killed over the last 30 years has been with a Ballistic Tip, in 6 mm, .257, 6.5, 7 mm and .338
If there is a better bullet for killing I havnt found it
Usually get told it's very accurate, but can break apart and too soft for larger game by pretty much everyone in Africa. I'll probably stop taking the 7mm-08 to hunt there and stick with the big bores going forward.