AKEK PACK GIVEAWAY - Updated Pack Features (Alpha 3200x)

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
You got it all wrong-stating facts is not defensive. They ALREADY did that.....you clearly missed it. It's hard not to laugh at you man!
Lighten up buddy-was actually trying to be helpful (y)

WKR
As Team4LongGun already stated, AKEK has answered your questions in THIS thread. And, as I pointed out, you can easily go to their website and have many, if not all of your questions answered.

They have not answered (current answers) any of the questions I posted above, and maybe they don't care to answer at all. Previous answers may be incorrect after the re-launch of sorts.

maxracx

FNG
Good afternoon, I am currently using a Mystery Ranch Sawtooth with few complaints. My wife and I are headed to the high-country of Northcentral Colorado in mid Sept on an archery elk hunt. I would be happy to give your pack a try and give you an honest unbiased report. Thank you for your consideration

[email protected]

They have not answered (current answers) any of the questions I posted above, and maybe they don't care to answer at all. Previous answers may be incorrect after the re-launch of sorts.
Lol, clearly you are wrong. But hey, thanks for the laugh.

WKR
Have you gone to their site yet?
Yes, and on a second effort I did find one answer that I had missed on the first pass, in that the frame is USA made.

No word on how it was changed/improved though (differences between original version and current version) nor country of mfg (China???).

Seems like some good changes and a more reasonable price point based on where I'm guessing it's made.

Last edited:

Phaseolus

WKR
I was given one of the first generation packs for review and it needed a bunch of improvements. This newer pack appears to address some of those issues. It’s still very heavy for a small amount of space, maybe not much of an issue when you’re packing out a load of elk but I use my packs for a lot more than just a day hunting pack. The biggest issue I had with the review pack was the super size lumbar pad that can’t be removed or moved higher. It was downright painful for my body type and I could not adjust it to fix that issue. It looks like that is still an issue. I watched the full review on their site, it was, like, painful to watch.

OP
AKEK

AKEK

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Yes, and on a second effort I did find one answer that I had missed on the first pass, in that the frame is USA made.

No word on how it was changed/improved though (differences between original version and current version) nor country of mfg (China???).

Seems like some good changes and a more reasonable price point based on where I'm guessing it's made.
Great questions! Here is the difference in the frames:

• Put the notch hole for the meat shelf higher... so when you disconnect the pack the meat shelf still fits nicely. This was an issue for some taller people on the first gen frame.
  • The carbon fiber layering is different so it's a stronger frame and stiffer (load doesn't shift as much)
  • Different outline shape with cutouts (makes the frame thicker but same weight as before)
  • New frame is 100% USA made
Hope this answered any questions regarding this. Thanks for asking!

OP
AKEK

AKEK

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
I was given one of the first generation packs for review and it needed a bunch of improvements. This newer pack appears to address some of those issues. It’s still very heavy for a small amount of space, maybe not much of an issue when you’re packing out a load of elk but I use my packs for a lot more than just a day hunting pack. The biggest issue I had with the review pack was the super size lumbar pad that can’t be removed or moved higher. It was downright painful for my body type and I could not adjust it to fix that issue. It looks like that is still an issue. I watched the full review on their site, it was, like, painful to watch.

Thanks for the feedback! Regarding the lumbar pad the current model fits MOST very comfortably. But we are coming out with a lumbar pad later this yr that will allow you to add or remove padding as needed. For those that don't like the current pad you can upgrade your existing pack to the new lumbar system.

Az wildcat

Lil-Rokslider
Would love to give it a try. Currently saving for a higher end pack. Glad to see all the feedback given in previous slides was taken and you guys are holding on to the dream!

Hondo0925

Lil-Rokslider
Packs looking great Akek!! I have a couple cool different hunts this year from Colorado sheep hunts, New Mexico elk hunts, and New Mexico Barbary. Would love to run it through the ringer!!!!