Another tire thread

sasquatch

WKR
I have a GMC Sierra, 2014. I put some firestone tires on it that are terrible. Too much noise and I can almost feel the drag they create.

What I am looking for though is real good HWY tires as that’s mostly all I use it for, I’m not in the mud enough to justify all terrains unless they could match hwy performance.

I’d like a good set of tires to get me 60k ish miles, quiet, fuel efficient, with a decently heavy ply for punctures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

EastMT

WKR
If you want a quiet highway tire, a closed shoulder is best. The downside is traction in mud and deep snow. We ran these at work and had a really long life, quiet on the road compared to my all terrains, puncture resistant on gravel. Bridgestone Duravis m700. They are more of a commercial tire, a lot of farmers love them. I recommended them to dad, he got 50k out of them on a 1997 F350 powerstroke running gravel roads, bought his second pair he liked them so much.

Soft mud and deep snow you need open shoulder with gaps, but that’s where most noise come from, the solid rings on the outside keeps it quiet. These are kind of in between all terrain and straight highway. These come in limited sizes as they are intended for long lasting work trucks, 265/70/17 is the largest, OEM sizing only.

5a330788345c3a23469f210bbf4f3be4.jpg

Wapiti1

WKR
Michelin LTX or Nitto Dura Grappler

Both have lasted 60K on our vehicles. 90% highway use on these.

Jeremy

Robster

Lil-Rokslider
I also use the Hankook Dynapro on my 2014 GMC Sierra. Just started on my 3rd set of tires. First was stock, second was Hankook's. Just put another set of Hankooks on. I have 175,000 miles on the truck.

paxamus

WKR
I have had Toyo AT2’s on my last two trucks and they ride great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

260madman

WKR
I have hankook AT on my truck and Nitto Dura Grapplers on my Yukon 2500. The Dura Grapplers are very quiet and have excellent traction in the snow, the Yukon is 2wd and I drove it every day this past winter. Both tires have good siping (Nittos have more siping) and the Hankooks are 3 peak rated. I’m happy with both sets of tires.

dtrkyman

WKR
I drive lots of highway miles, last 3 sets of tires have been Bridgestone a/t rhs, wear is great, drive quiet and smooth and being an AT they have held up to some rough mountain roads in AZ and New Mexico, tons of gravel and mud in the midwest. Great in the snow but being on a Grand Cherokee that is AWD not sure how good, that thing is a beast in the snow!