Anti or Anti-X?

I am building an ultralight 28 nosler. Wanted to get a ti fuzion but many people have recommended me away from getting Ti. Which defiance action is better? Also other ti actions are great and explanation on why lots of people don’t like it. Thx

wapitibob

WKR
I bought the anti as it was available. Anti-x is 1 oz lighter than an anti with aluminum rail; long action.
Better hurry, altus shooting.

Sevens

WKR
One has a integral rail, the other does not. The Anti has other scope options if you’re not interested in a picatinney type scope mount. Hawkins has a one piece for example (look a lot like the Talley light weight rings). Other than that, same same, but different.

I have two antis, mainly due to availability at time of order.

I went with the AnTi-X.

I don’t have it yet since the wait time is far out there!

My choice was based on the cartridge - planning a 300 prc for true 1000 yd accuracy. Having the integral rail will allow precision rings and one less area of potential failure.

If I wanted a standard cartridge light weight mountain rifle out to 600yds I would have gone AnTi with lightweight talleys no rail.

It all comes down to your build and requirements!

With a 28 Nos, I’d guess you’d be going for AnTi-X

Last edited:

Lemhi

FNG
I own and shoot a few of each of the defiance actions mentioned. For me it comes down to the magazine option I’m using. I run the anti-x with a BDL style mag and an anti with the pinned talleys in a custom ADL style built. I wouldn’t want a rail with anything I had to feed from above. That said the rail works well with Hawkins hunter DBM.
Endless combinations of optics make the decision more difficult. If talleys work with your optic and give you enough elevation for the ranges you intend to use your rifle that is the absolute lightest option.