Any sites that sell optics who accept bitcoin?

Rodéo

WKR
Do you honestly think the average Joe/ or business that you buy something from is going to trace your money? I will take my chances with cash vs a computer that I know can be traced.
No that wasn't my point and we're getting kind of off track with this traceability thing anyway.. not really important for what we're talking about. But you're right, the average joe probably will not trace the money coming into their business nor do they have any responsibility to in most cases.

OP
Ellensburg
Do you honestly think the average Joe/ or business that you buy something from is going to trace your money? I will take my chances with cash vs a computer that I know can be traced.

Yep, its not for everyone!

This thread wasn't made to convert anyone to use bitcoin. I don't push people to buy it because its too much of a roller coaster for most.

I'm still looking for a site that accepts bitcoin. I want a swaro spotting scope, but I want to buy it with magical internet munies.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'm not an expert by any means.

The best benefit for companies who use it is lower fees - The fees are 33-50% less than accepting credit cards. Companies are paid in USD.

When you ask what is it "Backed" by - well its backed by the technology that has kept a flawlessly running ledger for billions of transactions.

What is appealing to it, is that it is scarce and decentralized. No government can "shut it down" because no one owns the blockchain. As long as one computer in the world is still up to date, the transaction ledger is in tact.

The USD dollar is backed by nothing now days, other than the power of the United states. The federal reserve just keeps churning out paper that we deem valuable.

I see the value in gold because it is tangible and easy to liquidate. But gold is heavy and easily manipulated *crypto is easy to manipulate too*

Its just appealing as a libertarian to have a payment system that is untraceable and unregulated.

The fact that I can't even buy a spotting scope shows me that bitcoin is in its infancy in terms of mass adoption.
So, it is backed by absolutely nothing. It's worth what they say it's worth, basically, because they say that's what it's worth. It's a tool for the dark web and conspiracy theorists. Gold may be heavy, but you can buy stuff with it anywhere in the world, no internet connection needed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
If there's one computer running with the code, there's a million hackers who can hack that code

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

HPowell

FNG
I agree with you in your choice of supporting sites that are open to cryptocurrencies. That’s the right thing to do because that’s how things grow in something bigger. We start now, one by one, supporting such sites and then, before you know it, cryptocurrency is everywhere and maybe even is replacing regular currency. Who knows, but personally for me that’s a step forward for mankind. I know that doesn’t help you, but Tesla accepts crytpos (Elon, you’re the best). And there are a lot of cryptocurrency exchanges like OQEX. So yeah, I think we’re headed to a bright future. Different, but better.

Last edited:

tstith

Lil-Rokslider
@Ellensburg (tagging you to skirt the debate above) there are a couple sites that show you places that accept crypto, below are a couple. Overstock.com accepts payment in Bitcoin. If you have other currency, swap it for BTC and go for it. Overstock has some random optics.

Bitcoin is due to halve 5/11-12 sometime. It could be exciting in the mean time.

OP
Ellensburg
@Ellensburg (tagging you to skirt the debate above) there are a couple sites that show you places that accept crypto, below are a couple. Overstock.com accepts payment in Bitcoin. If you have other currency, swap it for BTC and go for it. Overstock has some random optics.

Bitcoin is due to halve 5/11-12 sometime. It could be exciting in the mean time.

Thanks. I've been into crypto since 2015 so I don't care about the debate. Haters can go buy gold or something and feel safe.

Looks like you can use bitcoin to purchase gift cards for Basspro or Sportsman warehouse that has Swarovski optics.

Last edited:

Bkdc

FNG
The benefits of Bitcoin (and other crypto currencies) are also the drawbacks.

No ability to print money (monetize debt). Strictly limited supply (again, no ability to print money). In an economy that does NOT run on debt, continued deflation is NOT a death sentence. In the current debt-based monetary system, deflation IS a death sentence. Decentralized (no controlling agency or government). If you lose your Bitcoin or have it stolen, no ability to be made whole by the bank.

I used to think Bitcoin would eventually collapse but I have changed my tune as there will always be ready users and a marketplace. This marketplace is the illegal market as Bitcoin can serve to bypass the traditional banking system.