ATLAS Cooler & Tumbler June 2016 Group Buy-- Customer Feedback

Ben Nicholson

Lil-Rokslider
I have to agree with you. As aggravating as this whole thing has been I don't think they had bad intentions. I think they just got in way over their heads with growing so fast and didn't handle it well. They made some poor customer service intentions but I don't want their company to fail because of it. Especially since I'd like to keep selling their twisted cups, lol. Y'all don't run them out of business ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I truly hope they get run out of business. The guy is a fraud in my book. We have been repeatedly lied to and he has been using our money to run his business. I hope everyone here files complaints with the Attorney General, BBB, etc...

IanF.

Lil-Rokslider
With PayPal what I did...

1. File the dispute online from your account
2. Call them to escalate - big hassle getting through the phone queues but you end up with a very nice person. Tell them your story and they do the rest. I was told I'll have my refund sept 10-11, which is much much sooner then normal process.

We all saw the warning signs and all wanted them to be false

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree they used your money to fund thier purchase of coolers and when you cancel they benefit by not having to honor thier price point

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ChrisS

WKR
I agree they used your money to fund thier purchase of coolers and when you cancel they benefit by not having to honor thier price point
They have no incentive to honor the group buy. The delivery will just keep getting pushed back. Look at the sixth post in this thread:
FYI-- ONCE THE GROUP BUY SUCCESSFULLY CROSSED THE MINIMUM $ THRESHOLD, ATLAS INITIATED A MANUFACTURING ORDER SPECIFICALLY TO COVER THE GROUP BUY'S INVENTORY NEEDS; THOSE COOLERS ARE EXPECTED TO ARRIVE AT ATLAS IN THE THIRD WEEK OF JULY AND SHIP OUT AROUND 7/21-22.
That was a lie. No reason to be honest about anything else going forward.

Some could say the whole thing was a lie and their plan from the start was to get the money then treat us so poorly and push delivery out enough to get people to cancel. At some point they will probably just refund everyone remaining and say we dropped below 10k so screw the rest of them. Dirty business for sure.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

gelton

WKR
Sorry to hear about this...what a sham. Embarrassed that they are just down the road from me. However, what doesn't add up is that if you have a purchase order from Wal-Mart, it shouldn't be hard to get funding from most any financial institution to cover the order.

So the idea that this is some big plan to use your money to fund this order doesn't really add up. Unless of course he has ruined his reputation with financial institutions, which also doesn't add up since he is opening a barbque joint soon. My take is he didn't really need the money but he did need the product and Wal Mart became more important than Rokslide. Either way its a shady way to run a business and I hope they reap what they have sown.

N2TRKYS

WKR
They have no incentive to honor the group buy. The delivery will just keep getting pushed back. Look at the sixth post in this thread:

That was a lie. No reason to be honest about anything else going forward.

If I read it correctly, they don't have an incentive to refund your money, if canceled after 6/30/16, either.

bonz

FNG
Where is the option to cancel? I created an account but don't see that option.

I'm hesitant to cancel, but, I don't have faith they'll be around in December, and by then it might be impossible to make a claim.

What if I were to just make a claim since I don't see an option to cancel? Would that be a pain in the ass for them, cause that's my goal.
And if anyone think Walmart is going to give two shits bout this, you're delusional. I wish they would, but they won't.

bowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Where is the option to cancel? I created an account but don't see that option.

I'm hesitant to cancel, but, I don't have faith they'll be around in December, and by then it might be impossible to make a claim.

What if I were to just make a claim since I don't see an option to cancel? Would that be a pain in the ass for them, cause that's my goal.
And if anyone think Walmart is going to give two shits bout this, you're delusional. I wish they would, but they won't.

If you are on mobile device try a desktop computer. I just created an account with the same email address I used when I ordered and the order popped up with a cancel option. Hope it works for ya.

Dan

Eslong1

FNG
Not sure if you can read it but I took a screenshot of my response I got from the owner.I sent him a message on LinkedIn and he actually responded. It's in the post above.

xziang

WKR
Image is way to small to read it. He (Ben Jones) has since disabled his FB page from public view now too.

Eslong1

FNG
here is the whole reponse.

the dates on the website are going to be where updates can be found.We understand that they continued to be pushed out, but we honestly should not have ever agreed to do the group buy due to our business model of wholesale. The Rokslide group buy was a mistake on our end due to the issues that arose with it. Honestly I'd recommend to all that ordered to cancel as we are discontinuing all coolers and strictly going wholesale drinkware lines once all orders are delivered. We do not have capacity to be able to handle our wholesale accounts and direct to consumer. We also do not have staff to answer 200 emails a day.
We know this is a inconvenience for everyone as it has been for us but as I've relayed to people before, we aren't trying to keep anyone's money.We deliver what we have when we have it, Our backlog with walmart is getting our current inventory that we had originally allocated for Rokslide and I as a business owner have to make the decision that is best for my company.
Updates will be given via website and only through website until all backorders (not just Rokslide) have been fulfilled.
We do apologize as we know this is an inconvenience but are doing all we can to get orders out as quickly as possible. Avg turnaround time for manufacturing coolers FYI is almost 45 days, it takes quite some time to play catchup.

Zoo Keeper

Lil-Rokslider
Wow, that is an amazing response. This guy runs a successful business???