AZ Pt question

S.Clancy

WKR
So, how are bonus pts and the loyalty points added in for the draw year?

For example, a guy has 6 pts after last yr's draw, will apply this year and gets his loyalty pt this year. Is the point number 6 pts (last year's number), 7 pts (last yr's + the current yr's bonus point) or 8 pts (last yr's + current yr's + loyalty pt). Just trying to plan and need to know my chances so I can throw them in my spreadsheet.....nerd alert. Thanks all

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
You get your points AFTER the draw whether they be regular or loyalty. The hunter Ed goes in whenever they put it in. If you get it in before the deadline it will be in for this year and henceforth…

So you have 6 points going into the draw this year and you will have 8 points with your loyalty for next year. Or 9 if you get your hunter Ed after this draw cycle.

TSimons9

FNG
If you have 6 points after last years draw you will have 6 points for this draw. If you are unsuccessful this year you will jump by 2 points for next year as you add 1 species point for being unsuccessful in the draw and 1 loyalty point for applying 5 consecutive years.

OP
S.Clancy

S.Clancy

WKR
If you have 6 points after last years draw you will have 6 points for this draw. If you are unsuccessful this year you will jump by 2 points for next year as you add 1 species point for being unsuccessful in the draw and 1 loyalty point for applying 5 consecutive years.
You get your points AFTER the draw whether they be regular or loyalty. The hunter Ed goes in whenever they put it in. If you get it in before the deadline it will be in for this year and henceforth…

So you have 6 points going into the draw this year and you will have 8 points with your loyalty for next year. Or 9 if you get your hunter Ed after this draw cycle.
That's what I thought, just wanted to confirm, thanks.

pirogue

WKR
Portal shows how many you got NOW, which is the same as:
1) going into the draw, or
2) after last year

eshunt

Lil-Rokslider
Logging into his account would be too easy...

But he is also from MT where you can buy a point at time of application for that years draw, so I could see how it might be confusing for some.

All I can add is make sure you know what your totals really are and hope AZ doesn't mess up against you. They will inevitably mess up something in the draw, happens every year it seems like.

pirogue

WKR
Logging into his account would be too easy...

But he is also from MT where you can buy a point at time of application for that years draw, so I could see how it might be confusing for some.
Or looking at the regs, would be too easy. Not very confusing when the selection says, BONUS POINT ONLY, (yes, in CAPS and BOLD), and then clearly states “no other hunt number may be chosen”

wapitibob

WKR
So, how are bonus pts and the loyalty points added in for the draw year?

For example, a guy has 6 pts after last yr's draw, will apply this year and gets his loyalty pt this year. Is the point number 6 pts (last year's number), 7 pts (last yr's + the current yr's bonus point) or 8 pts (last yr's + current yr's + loyalty pt). Just trying to plan and need to know my chances so I can throw them in my spreadsheet.....nerd alert. Thanks all

The loyalty point is awarded after the 5th consecutive, valid application, not "draw." As such, that point is available after the app period and is in place for the subsequent draw.
If this is your year 5 Elk application, that loyalty point will be in place for the upcoming Elk draw.

yes, I have verification

Last edited: