Best hot weather hunting short sleeve Tee??

I've been wearing this this month chasing bear here in WA. Fits the bill perfectly. Polyester and "birds eye" mesh for breathability. Price is good too especially considering it being kryptek. Bunch of different camo options.

Njscholz6

FNG
Hey guys, I hunt in norCal where it’s 90-110 during deer season at times. I normally run all sitka gear because every piece is so breathable and comfortable…… except their lightweight tshirt. It’s just not very comfortable.
What is a good, breathable, moisture wicking shirt that is great for hot weather but not paper thin feeling?
list your favorite!

thanks guys
I like thin Marino wool. Black Ovid makes a nice one.

aaron14

Lil-Rokslider
I love the Outdoor Research Echo SS. I have a couple now and they are my most worn shirts in the summer months. Lightweight, dry quickly, and don't seem to stink as much as my others.

OutdoorsMD

Lil-Rokslider
Tried most of them and the Minus 33 merino is my favorite. Their Woolverino micro weight Tshirt is amazing. Most comfortable shirt I own. The olive drab and light grey(as worn in pic) are really nice for solids.

Attachments

• 8CA37C1F-981A-4FB6-855F-C7ACFA8229BF.jpeg
    8CA37C1F-981A-4FB6-855F-C7ACFA8229BF.jpeg
    436.2 KB · Views: 50

Holocene

WKR
First Lite aerowool or equivalent.

The wool does not smell as much after days (or hours) of perspiration.

You don't smell the first time you sweat. You smell once you are dry, then sweat again. Wool mutes this effect, and cotton and polyester reek.

The Kuiu Gila shirt has been working Awesome for me and my buddy so far this A zone season. I’m a big fan of it and find it more comfortable than the Tiburon shirt also.

jfs82

WKR
The Kuiu Gila shirt has been working Awesome for me and my buddy so far this A zone season. I’m a big fan of it and find it more comfortable than the Tiburon shirt also.
Gila worked for me up until about 100 on Sat. I'll likely buy a second. I also like the fit/feel more than the tiburon but that may just be the way they are cut.

Honyock

WKR
Another vote for the Kuiu Gila. Used it on an Arizona bear hunt the first of the month and really liked it.

utley010

FNG
Those of you that have the Kuiu Gila hoody, how is the sizing? I usually wear L base layers, but need XL in their jackets.

OP
BoltActionBrotherhood
BTW After trying quite a few different options, Sitka, kuiu, firstlite I have to say firstlite's wick shirt is hands down the most comfortable and best shirt in the world. The material is awesome and does a great job in both cold and warm conditions. The kuiu is super thin, and the material is just not as good, and the fitment is super weird. They are Xls and they are almost like a belly shirt on me (6-4).
Sitka is not comfortable.

Outdoor Research Echo

Tried about 5 different ones when hunting in the 95-105 degree A zone. This was hands down the lightest and most breathable for me, plus it withstood amazingly well all the brush busting through burned out hillsides.

Combined with Tiburon pants was my A zone "uniform".

Firstlite aerowool is what I’ve been wearing for a few years now. I hate sunscreen so I don’t wear short sleeves too much so I usually go with the long sleeve aero wool wick 1/4 zip long sleeve but both are awesome. I also hunt in 90-100+ and it’s worked out great. I tried the kuiu and Sitka synthetics but between the stink and and the plastic weird feel I just keep grabbing the aero wool. I also like using them in colder conditions for a light base layer.