Best quality overall full grain leather boot??

fatlander

WKR
Agreed... but fit doesn't matter if the boots are crap. I had some high dollar (400) leather boots that had leaky goretex within a year with factory insoles and obsessive care taken to ensure the leather remains soft and supple using manufacturer recommended products and application. I'm actually looking for a 2nd pair of boots as my crispi Nevadas are getting higher mileage. I don't like backcountry trips where my full reliance is on aging boots. The crispis are very comfortable but I question the goretex integrity. Thanks for all viewpoints and experiences.

All breathable waterproof laminates will wet out and fail at some point. Some are better than others, but none are invincible. If leather stays wet too long, it’ll reshape itself and if it’s too wet you’re not going to dry them out. Rubber won’t wet out, but it doesn’t breathe and it doesn’t give you any substantive support.

If the boots don’t fit you’re going to have problem before you ever get to the issue of durability. Good luck in your search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk