BHA seems “all-in” with Biden

Tyler C

FNG
I am typically "all in" with anybody who is pro hunting and fishing, but I feel like happy ass BHA and Meateater crew do not have hunter's, fisherman, and gun owners best interests in mind. They have chosen money over morals as the Democrats represent the party of wealth in 2021, while Republicans have become the party of the common man. Any doubters?

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
well if you happen to be non-resident hunter wanting to hunt Montana, BHA has been putting an all out effort to defeat a bill that would give outfitters (and their clients) 60% of all non-resident licenses, but then again the outfitters and rich clients are probably all Democrats

Hoodie

WKR
The majority of members of Congress (regardless of party affiliation) are millionaires. I can´t fathom what would make anyone think either party is the party of the ¨common man.¨

Hereś a breakdown of political donations from America´s 50 richest families. 28 donate primarily to Republican candidates, 7 primarily to Democrats. 15 donate to candidates from both parties.

BHA´s membership demographics are pretty much an even split between Republicans, Democrats, and non-affiliated. Republicans edge out the other two slightly, which doesn´t surprise me.

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
The majority of members of Congress (regardless of party affiliation) are millionaires. I can´t fathom what would make anyone think either party is the party of the ¨common man.¨

Hereś a breakdown of political donations from America´s 50 richest families. 28 donate primarily to Republican candidates, 7 primarily to Democrats. 15 donate to candidates from both parties.

BHA´s membership demographics are pretty much an even split between Republicans, Democrats, and non-affiliated. Republicans edge out the other two slightly, which doesn´t surprise me.
Kindof biased reporting only on families and %. would love to see her report the total $$. Didn't include individuals ie Bezos, Gates, Zuckerburg, etc....

Tyler C

FNG

Omg just like so unfathomable. It’s unfathomable to think the left wants to strip away gun rights. Totally unfathomable to think the left wants to take away hunting altogether ie latest bill proposed to ban bear hunting. Just put the makeup down and try to understand the plight of the common man, man.

Hoodie

WKR
Omg just like so unfathomable. It’s unfathomable to think the left wants to strip away gun rights. Totally unfathomable to think the left wants to take away hunting altogether ie latest bill proposed to ban bear hunting. Just put the makeup down and try to understand the plight of the common man, man.

None of that´s unfathomable. But saying Republicans are the party of the common man is a little bit of a stretch.

Don´t get all worked up. I use Nancy Pelosi´s portfolio as evidence that the Democrats aren´t the ¨party of the common man¨ too. My liberal friends get their panties in an equally big wad over it.

Better get used to the idea that neither party in this country has a monopoly on reason or morality, and both are working a lot harder for themselves than they are for you or me.

Last edited:

brocksw

WKR
It's kind of funny that you use the CA Black Bear issue as your poster child for BHa and Meateater hate though. BHA and Meateater probably did more to fight against the CA bear ban than any of the main stream groups you probably do support. I didn't see anything from MDF or WSF, and RMEF didn't take a stance that I saw...they just came out with an after the fact article talking about it. SCI was involved, but they're basically the same sized group as BHA.

I would recommend devoting some more thought to your analysis instead of just jumping right into this binary for or against thinking that doesn't seem to do much for anyone....but mostly yourself.

Hoodie

WKR
It's kind of funny that you use the CA Black Bear issue as your poster child for BHa and Meateater hate though. BHA and Meateater probably did more to fight against the CA bear ban than any of the main stream groups you probably do support. I didn't see anything from MDF or WSF, and RMEF didn't take a stance that I saw...they just came out with an after the fact article talking about it. SCI was involved, but they're basically the same sized group as BHA.

I would recommend devoting some more thought to your analysis instead of just jumping right into this binary for or against thinking that doesn't seem to do much for anyone....but mostly yourself.

Yeah, but they were probably just like acting like they were against the bear hunting ban. You know, so they could continue working toward their surreptitious goal of ending all hunting.

Lotta mental gymnastics required to keep up with this stuff.

brocksw

WKR
Yeah, but they were probably just like acting like they were against the bear hunting ban. You know, so they could continue working toward their surreptitious goal of ending all hunting.

Lotta mental gymnastics required to keep up with this stuff.

When the statistical odds of everything being a conspiracy theory is low, but you know the truth.

Zork

FNG
I am typically "all in" with anybody who is pro hunting and fishing, but I feel like happy ass BHA and the British cigarettes over at Meateater do not have hunter's, fisherman, and gun owners best interests in mind. They have chosen money over morals as the Democrats represent the party of wealth in 2021, while Republicans have become the party of the common man. Any doubters?
Are these the glasses you read your information with? image.jpg

Same size as dollars spent as SCI ? That’s comical

I’ve been a member for about 5+ years or so, seemed like a decent organization and values. I’ve been to a bunch of pint nights and made a couple friends from the group. I’ve volunteered and currently serve on a “habitat watch” committee.

During the Trump admin, BHA delved in to politics like i’ve never seen. They targeted Trump’s picks incessantly with negative articles and what I considered personal attacks. Biden has picked the new USDA chief and he is the old USDA chief that served under the Obama/Biden administration. This guy and his policies are largely responsible for the mismanagement of our western forests and loss of access and habitat for hunting.

BHA is “all-in” for this guy and it bugs the heck out of me. Never once do I remember them offering anything positive on Trump’s people. I think I am now truly done with the org and will never give another penny or let them use my membership for political clout.

View attachment 240849
Sound like this group is a bunch of tree hugging liberals. I know I'm outspoken against the left and especially anyone or anything come from the Old or new Obama administration.

Hoodie

WKR
Sound like this group is a bunch of tree hugging liberals. I know I'm outspoken against the left and especially anyone or anything come from the Old or new Obama administration.

70% are Republicans, Independents, or non-affiliated. 20% are Democrats.

Couldn't find any data on how many former members of the Obama administration they have.

You want to talk about common man? Take a look at the outright assault the Republican Party in MT is waging on the common man in order to cater to outfitters and landowners. It’s an absolute f****** shame. We’ve had hearings where 40+ people spoke in support of something and 0 were opposed and the republicans still voted party lines in opposition.
As a business owner and someone that owns more guns than the vast majority of people; it’s sickening to watch the republicans act like a bunch of dipshits.

BHA as a national organization has issues...specifically Land Tawney. But on a state level they have been absolutely battling for the common man in MT!

People need to be able to separate federal politics and state politics. On the federal level we get terrible gun control bills like the one on the table right now. On the state level the republicans are using that to take advantage of people that are sick of gun control, BLM, and defund the police. They are putting an assault on wildlife management knowing that they can get away with it because people are going to vote Republican due to the shit show that is federal level democrats.

Take off the red glasses or blue glasses and vote for what’s best on the local level.

70% are Republicans, Independents, or non-affiliated. 20% are Democrats.

Couldn't find any data on how many former members of the Obama administration they have.
After what I'm see with Republicans turning their back on the American citizens over the last few years. Not sure if most of them aren't any better than the democrats.

Okhotnik

WKR
I am typically "all in" with anybody who is pro hunting and fishing, but I feel like happy ass BHA and Meateater crew do not have hunter's, fisherman, and gun owners best interests in mind. They have chosen money over morals as the Democrats represent the party of wealth in 2021, while Republicans have become the party of the common man. Any doubters?
I thought it was pretty cool when Rinella referred to Trump voter as the American ISIS
What's privatization of wildlife mean?
I think he's referring to left wing progressive billionaires like Ted Turner

Or another uber rich left Wing donor like Huey Lewis

Last edited:

Samsam

FNG
As they say, no such thing as a good politician some are just better than others. Since conservation has become a political and fairly divisive issue doesn’t it make sense that conservation groups have to become political?

I’ve been a member for about 5+ years or so, seemed like a decent organization and values. I’ve been to a bunch of pint nights and made a couple friends from the group. I’ve volunteered and currently serve on a “habitat watch” committee.

During the Trump admin, BHA delved in to politics like i’ve never seen. They targeted Trump’s picks incessantly with negative articles and what I considered personal attacks. Biden has picked the new USDA chief and he is the old USDA chief that served under the Obama/Biden administration. This guy and his policies are largely responsible for the mismanagement of our western forests and loss of access and habitat for hunting.

BHA is “all-in” for this guy and it bugs the heck out of me. Never once do I remember them offering anything positive on Trump’s people. I think I am now truly done with the org and will never give another penny or let them use my membership for political clout.

View attachment 240849
Well that does it for me. I am done with them. No more of my $$$$