"Biden admin takes aim at hunters in latest regulation: 'Preventing Americans from hunting'"

OP
X

xsn10s

WKR
""This is the latest example of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service creating rules that punish hunters, threaten conservation funding and advance special interests without sound scientific evidence that traditional lead ammunition cause is causing detrimental wildlife population impacts," said Lawrence Keane, the senior vice president of the National Shooting Sports Foundation."

Loo.wii

WKR
I haven't hunted waterfowl since then. I see this as the slow bleed towards pricing most people out of hunting/ shooting. An easy way to ban firearms without banning them. Just price people out of it. Much like they have done towards tobacco.
That’s akin to saying removing lead from paint is a scheme to get people to paint their houses less frequently.

Do this for me

Take lead shot
And put it in your child’s drinking water
Or sprinkle it in your meals.
Then try to tell me there’s no issue with lead.

OP
X

xsn10s

WKR
You do realize copper is a health risk too. People die from copper poisoning.

Turkeytider

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't hunted waterfowl since then. I see this as the slow bleed towards pricing most people out of hunting/ shooting. An easy way to ban firearms without banning them. Just price people out of it. Much like they have done towards tobacco.
Exactly. You don`t have to "ban " anything. Go after the ammunition and starve the shooting sports to death. That, and make it such a colossal PITA to purchase and own a firearm that people begin to say, " Screw it, it`s just not worth the hassle. "

OP
X

xsn10s

WKR
Exactly. You don`t have to "ban " anything. Go after the ammunition and starve the shooting sports to death. That, and make it such a colossal PITA to purchase and own a firearm that people begin to say, " Screw it, it`s just not worth the hassle. "
Yup and a perfect example was the pandemic. For awhile ammo was either non existent or too expensive. People just passed on buying it. I just reloaded my own or made some for friends.

OP
X

xsn10s

WKR
And hunters for over a century have been avoiding eating lead fragments in the game they harvested. I don't know anyone that makes a heart or lung soup from the damaged organs. Although I try to miss the heart because it's one of my favorite cuts.

OP
X

xsn10s

WKR
my man joe.....and bo.

:sick:
He's a peach. Pushing the lead ban for our collective good. Going after firearms because they kill people. But hey keep the border open so fentanyl is abundant here.

manitou1

WKR
That’s akin to saying removing lead from paint is a scheme to get people to paint their houses less frequently.

Do this for me

Take lead shot
And put it in your child’s drinking water
Or sprinkle it in your meals.
Then try to tell me there’s no issue with lead.
I grew up eating lead shot from hunted animals. So did millions of other folks.
Uhhh, I am vertical and typing this.

Are they trying to ban it outright?
Yep trying to ban Lion and Bobcat hunting trapping etc. If it goes on the ballot the public will get to vote and it will be like the wolf thing and pass.

Hopefully sportsmen can ban together and educate the public and fight off these anti hunting pricks

OP
X

xsn10s

WKR
Yep trying to ban Lion and Bobcat hunting trapping etc. If it goes on the ballot the public will get to vote and it will be like the wolf thing and pass.

Hopefully sportsmen can ban together and educate the public and fight off these anti hunting pricks
I hope so buddy. Sounds like a " if you don't eat it, don't kill it" bill. Should ban all mouse traps while they're at it.

I hope so buddy. Sounds like a " if you don't eat it, don't kill it" bill. Should ban all mouse traps while they're at it.
Yea it all built on lies. We can’t hunt lynx in colorado. And it’s required by law to take meat from Mtns lions. Lion meat is awesome. It’s great eating .

All lies just like them with spring bear ban where they said hunters kill sows and it leaves the cubs to die.

So far from the truth

WKR
Mayo Clinics list of lead poisoning sources does not list consuming lead from wild game harvests. It lists time spent at poorly ventilated shooting ranges as one cause. Other than that, its all environmental issues with no relation to shooting or hunting. Paint dust and water issues.

Makes zero sense scientifically to ban lead bullets. Reminds me of Covid hysteria. Remember to stand 6' apart and only go one direction down grocery aisles lol.