Biden Administration imposes lead bans in 8 F&W areas

Yarak

WKR
I can totally understand your frustration if how people cherrypick data or a study, and then misrepresent the data or some scenario, and that ticks all of us off....but then do you ever believe anything from a scientific study, or is all science bs to you?
Of course I believe in science but when data comes from an entity that has proven itself time and again to lie and to have an agenda that ends with our demise then I'll call BULLSHIT on anything they say

Idaboy

WKR
Of course I believe in science but when data comes from an entity that has proven itself time and again to lie and to have an agenda that ends with our demise then I'll call BULLSHIT on anything they say
Which "entity"?

Bluumoon

WKR
I never said it was, that was from the turbine project you mentioned, you said 133 golden eagles in 30 years…based on that, my math is correct, if you believe the USFW overall population estimate.
Honest question. Anyone know what the raptor population is today vs 20 years ago/ 50 years ago? Where I live I am blown away by how many birds of prey I routinely see.

Idaboy

WKR
Wow !!
Who what when where and why are next
Wasn't busting your chops, you just seemed to be very specific in your statement about an entity that "lies again and again" and your prior statement was broadly discounting science as 'comprehensive bs'.... Vague generalities make a discussion difficult, that's all. Wasn't attempting an interrogation..All good.

Yes, this is what mankind has done for its entire existence and we’ve flourished. It’s just the last 100 years people feel the need to be so reliant on Govt agencies pushing manipulated science. Remember when they told us to wear masks? Yeah, clearly the “scientists” don’t always know what they’re talking about or worse, purposely fear mongering and embellish to sway peoples behavior.

Best to rely on your own judgement than some scientist whose paycheck is dependent on Govt grants. You will never eat enough lead in game to harm you.
Like back when doctors didn't think washing your hands was important?

Like back when your barber was your dentist?

Like back when urine and feces were "medicine"?

Like back when most people didn't learn to read?

Also... LEAD BANS ON WILDLIFE REFUGES AREN'T FOR YOUR HEALTH!

Like back when doctors didn't think washing your hands was important?

Like back when your barber was your dentist?

Like back when urine and feces were "medicine"?

Like back when most people didn't learn to read?

Also... LEAD BANS ON WILDLIFE REFUGES AREN'T FOR YOUR HEALTH!
No one ever told you not to do exactly as Big Brother tells you to do. By all means, if the Biden Admin tells us all to jump and you want to jump go ahead and do so. But don’t expect independent, self reliant, free American men capable of critical thinking to follow suit. We are more than capable of making our own decisions on what’s best for us in all facets of our lives.

If you believe the lead shot from that pheasant you shot 5 years ago has killed countless Eagles stop using lead shot. Me though, I see Eagles daily, more than i saw 20 years ago, I call bs on that one. But you know, listen to the science. Those same scientists were telling me to wear a mask while cutting my deer up in the woods two years ago because if i didn’t that deer was going to transmit Covid to me. Were you the guy wearing a mask in the woods by yourself? If not you’re a hypocrite. Me, i laughed at that request. I didn’t listen to the science yet here i am, still alive and well. I’d love to see the data on how many hunters got Covid from their deer 🤣

BTW, i’m going to educate you on a shocker seeing as you are misinformed a bit. Sort of a symptom of not questioning anything and just doing as your told but i digress. Fecal implants are STILL performed in hospitals to this day. So you know, using feces as medicine. Thats right, they take healthy feces and inject it right up the ole shoot for things like C Diff. I’m not even going to send you a bill, you’re welcome.

fwafwow

WKR
Tangent without any comment on lead. There are plenty of examples in which science has later been proven wrong (doctors recommending 6 weeks of bed rest after a heart attack and Thalidomide come to mind). But I don't think that means that one should completely disregard science. For me, it comes down to being more skeptical when a consensus is reached without any dissent. Unfortunately the way things are set up currently (including scientific publishing), dissenting voices are harder to hear.

I q
No one ever told you not to do exactly as Big Brother tells you to do. By all means, if the Biden Admin tells us all to jump and you want to jump go ahead and do so. But don’t expect independent, self reliant, free American men capable of critical thinking to follow suit. We are more than capable of making our own decisions on what’s best for us in all facets of our lives.

If you believe the lead shot from that pheasant you shot 5 years ago has killed countless Eagles stop using lead shot. Me though, I see Eagles daily, more than i saw 20 years ago, I call bs on that one. But you know, listen to the science. Those same scientists were telling me to wear a mask while cutting my deer up in the woods two years ago because if i didn’t that deer was going to transmit Covid to me. Were you the guy wearing a mask in the woods by yourself? If not you’re a hypocrite. Me, i laughed at that request. I didn’t listen to the science yet here i am, still alive and well. I’d love to see the data on how many hunters got Covid from their deer 🤣

BTW, i’m going to educate you on a shocker seeing as you are misinformed a bit. Sort of a symptom of not questioning anything and just doing as your told but i digress. Fecal implants are STILL performed in hospitals to this day. So you know, using feces as medicine. Thats right, they take healthy feces and inject it right up the ole shoot for things like C Diff. I’m not even going to send you a bill, you’re welcome.
I quit reading about the middle of your long list of wrong assumptions about me.

I met a man on the river this weekend that had been smoking for 60 years. Said he had started in his teens and has had no health issues. Couldn't believe it. Anyways, I picked up a couple of packs of Marlboro Reds last night for my kids to start on their longevity journey. Thanks random man on the river for providing a model of health as well as clear and concise cause and effect for me. I would've never known it was OK for my kids to smoke cigs and live forever without your thoughtful insight.

I saw a Jordan Peterson clip last week where he said "don't be thinking you're that good at thinking" and explained his anecdote. This thread has given JP some serious credibility on that particular point......

I met a man on the river this weekend that had been smoking for 60 years. Said he had started in his teens and has had no health issues. Couldn't believe it. Anyways, I picked up a couple of packs of Marlboro Reds last night for my kids to start on their longevity journey. Thanks random man on the river for providing a model of health as well as clear and concise cause and effect for me. I would've never known it was OK for my kids to smoke cigs and live forever without your thoughtful insight.

I saw a Jordan Peterson clip last week where he said "don't be thinking you're that good at thinking" and explained his anecdote. This thread has given JP some serious credibility on that particular point......
In a free country full of free men there exists men who have smoked 60 years and lived to tell the tale as well as those who have died in 10. Either way, their choice not the Govts. Free men have the capability and freedom of making both good and bad choices.

I’d rather fail once in awhile or make a bad decision of my own free will then have the Govt force bad decisions on me 100% of the time against my better judgement. It’s what makes the US different and so much better than every other nation on the planet.

Clearly the Biden Admin has WAY bigger problems than lead shot laying around a wildlife area.

fwafwow

WKR
I’ve recently watched a handful of episodes of “Our Planet” on Netflix. Seems they describe lots of animals as “migratory” that aren’t even in the US, and some that don’t go to the Gulf.

But they definitely said some Bald Eagles migrate.

Last edited:

JjamesIII

WKR
This doesn’t come as a surprise. But my lead identifies as monolithic copper, so in the name of Biden science, I’m good to go! Who needs scientific facts anymore when we can just live our own reality?

Blowdowner

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry chaps, I like this rule. I quit using lead voluntarily years ago and don't see this as government overreach just like not dumping chemicals in the creek.
It’s very cut and dry government overreach but don’t get me wrong - I wish humans never discovered lead.

Arthas

FNG
Developments on this issue occurred at the last Council meeting. Althought meeting transcripts are not yet available, some material from the last meeting is posted. A DRAFT letter to DOI Sec Haalund states that education and encouraging hunters to voluntarily use non lead ammunition are suggested as alternative to a full ban on lead on the NWRS. Also, the Hunting and Wildlife Conservation Council is recommending that Sec of DOI and Sec of Ag Co sign a letter to the ATF. The letter to the ATF would seek the unbanning of certain non lead materials for the research and development of nonlead ammunition for recreational use. The draft letter with the recommendations for Sec Haalund is attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231208-151310_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20231208-151310_Samsung Notes.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited: