Bill/Issue: U.S. HR 127 - Gun licensing, Registration & Partial Ammo Ban

TBHasler

WKR
Can you post a link to that? I know Biden suggested he would convene a bipartisan committee to review the current court structure but I cannot find anything that I dictates they are forming that committee.

Read between the lines a bit MattB. Nothing “dictated” but the new Pres announced the idea publicly.
Trust me, the committee members, chair and agendas have been ready for months

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
HR 127 also establishes a federal licensing requirement. Applicants will have to be at least 21
Well, if you have to be 21 to exercise your 2A rights, then you'd also have to be 21 to exercise your right to vote. If you can't be trusted to bear arms to protect yourself, then you certainly can't be trusted to vote for the direction of the nation.

Drenalin

WKR
Thanks for posting this. I hate politics and try to stay out of them, but clicked the FPC link and contacted my House Rep for the first time in my life today. I'm in disbelief that this is even a real thing, though I know I shouldn't be.

fwafwow

WKR
Thanks for the reminder Ryan. I just emailed my rep - but she's a Democrat.

Will_m

WKR
Has even less of a chance of getting passed than the hearing protect act...........I wouldn't waste time worrying about it.

If you watch closely there are some enormously ridiculous bills which get introduced.

CorbLand

WKR
Well, I just reviewed and there is not one single co-sponsor. Does anyone believe that this has any more chance than a snow ball in hell? I mean really. Nobody is supporting this bill, even in the house.

I agree that it doesn't have a flying chance in hell of passing but its always good to stay on it and let your representatives know you don't support it.

DudeBro

Lil-Rokslider
Well, I just reviewed and there is not one single co-sponsor. Does anyone believe that this has any more chance than a snow ball in hell? I mean really. Nobody is supporting this bill, even in the house.
As written, this is unlikely to pass. However, it will likely start a debate for greater restrictions and something bad (just not as bad as this) will still get passed.

For those who want to read the full text of the bill rather than a summarized version on an unofficial site, here you go.

Fatcamp

WKR
As written, this is unlikely to pass. However, it will likely start a debate for greater restrictions and something bad (just not as bad as this) will still get passed.

For those who want to read the full text of the bill rather than a summarized version on an unofficial site, here you go.

Yup. This is a wish list.

For those concerned about the dems packing the court, they can not do that without getting rid of the filibuster, and already at least two dems have said they would vote to keep the filibuster. So it appears the dems are wuite powerless to do much really aggressive toward guns or court, or anything really controversial.

lets hope the dems that have stated openly they will oppose nuking the filibister stay strong and maintain that position through these next couple years.

ZDR

WKR
Can you post a link to that? I know Biden suggested he would convene a bipartisan committee to review the current court structure but I cannot find anything that I dictates they are forming that committee.
Sure Matt, here you go:

I can provide others if wanted. The potential damage that this could do to hunting and access to our lands is un-thinkable.
z

260madman

WKR
It is times like this when I am glad the SCOTUS is 6-3.
You’re delusional. Thomas and Alito are solid. The rest I don’t trust. Roberts has pics of him and goats in dem hands. Kavanaugh isn’t firm. ACB I’m hoping sides with us.
Thomas wants them to take a 2A case and get it set in stone but for some reason the rest don’t want to. Probably so they can campaign on “gun violence” and sucker the main community that commits crimes, and Karen, into thinking they’ll be saved. Stastistics are racist.

fwafwow

WKR
For those concerned about the dems packing the court, they can not do that without getting rid of the filibuster, and already at least two dems have said they would vote to keep the filibuster. So it appears the dems are wuite powerless to do much really aggressive toward guns or court, or anything really controversial.

lets hope the dems that have stated openly they will oppose nuking the filibister stay strong and maintain that position through these next couple years.
There's another potential way they can get stuff done by a simple majority - if they ram things through as part of one of the budgets.

There's another potential way they can get stuff done by a simple majority - if they ram things through as part of one of the budgets.

reconciliation is supposed to only contain budgetary law. Would make some interesting court cases and make the dems look pretty idiotic to try to pull that kind of bs. Not putting it past them, but IF they did attach gun control to reconciliation bills, then all bets would be off in the future and they know it. I don’t see them going that route.

C’mon man. Public lands. I can still bow hunt if they take my guns away. Bunch of flipping morons.
Not sure where you are going woth this...is it a c’mon man toward people pro 2A or is it a c’mon man a la joe biden and being sarcastic.
We all know gun control has nothing to do with hunting. Its about people control.