Boot for elk AND upland

Roksliding

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have (preferably a Crispi) boot suggestion for a dual threat elk hunting and pheasant hunting.. elk hunting terrain is everything and pheasant terrain is pretty much a grassy basketball court.. currently run Crispi Idaho for the bulls but they are to “stiff/ridged” for phez, and danner pronghorns for phez but there’s no way they last much longer, I’ve limped them along too long as it is now... I don’t have ankle issues and apparently I’m one of the only people on the internet that have normal feet I guess (no issues)..

Wanna try the Nevada’s or summit

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'd have no trouble hunting pheasant with the Idaho's, but then again I could use any boots for pheasant hunting. Like you, I don't seem to have any foot or boot issues.......except I hated the Pronghorns......even around the house.

Forks

FNG
Briksdal's are my huckleberry. As far as upland, I mainly focus on partridge so a little different terrain, but I still will wear them if roosters/sharpies come back in NE MT/NW ND.

I wear Lapponias for both. Archery elk and then sock up for pheasant in December and January

NebraskaStickHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I am currently running the Crispi Valdres and they are a more flexible option imo. But I haven’t ran the Idaho so not 100% sure on Valdres being less stiff.

NorCalFD

FNG
Chrispi Briksdal 100%! The Idaho’s are comfortable but not stable enough for rocky terrain IMO.

Chrispi Briksdal 100%! The Idaho’s are comfortable but not stable enough for rocky terrain IMO.

Not stable enough? Those Idaho’s seemed like a fairly stiff boot to me when I tried them on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

Roksliding

Lil-Rokslider

Ah Yeah I don’t want to go MORE stable than the Idaho.?. The Idaho is already plenty stable (for me) for the elk hunting. And too ski boot for pheasant terrain. So much so I’d like to try a shorter “less stable” boot.. for both species.

Any idea were I can test drive Zamberlans?

Zak1215

FNG
I like the Idaho and use them for upland birds and elk. I consider the Idaho to be a versatile boot. Not so stiff they are uncomfortable hiking rolling terrain, yet plenty stable enough to function well packing elk meat. By no means have I tried them all, but for both birds and elk the Idaho has been great.

NorCalFD

FNG
Not stable enough? Those Idaho’s seemed like a fairly stiff boot to me when I tried them on

The Idaho for me has a wide toe box which causes my foot to slip when side hilling. No matter how I laced or how tight I tried to get the laces, they would cause hot spots. The Briksdal is a stiffer shanked boot but it fits my foot like a glove.

HoytHntr4

WKR
I have a pair of the Wyoming's and love them. My thought when I bought them was that they may be a little bit more durable than the summits with the extra webbing on the side, but from what I've seen/and read everyone has pretty good luck with either style

Usi05

WKR
I’m trying out the pronghorns for now. I am breaking in those and hoping I can use them out west this year. I also purchased another pair of boots just Incase.

OP
R

Roksliding

Lil-Rokslider
@Roksliding - what did you decide?

I have a rotation. Most recently this year I wore Crispi Nevada’s for pheasant hunting. Not exactly what I was looking for but they seem to work. I watched a video on boot tying/lacing techniques and as silly as it sounds that actually seems to help.

I still would like to find that 7” hiker/hybrid type boot that isn’t so stiff...

I’d really like to try the Crispi Lapponia, but honestly (I’m shallow) they are so damn ugly!!! And “due to these trying times” seems like I can’t find my size anywhere.