Broadheads hitting higher at extended range

Northpark

WKR
So anyone had their broadheads hit higher than field points at ranges past 50 yards? I’m shooting Sevr 2.0s 100 gr. Bow is tuned we’ll and I’m putting both field points and broadheads into the same POI out to about 50 yards. After 50 yards (actually about 47 yards) my field points start dropping off. My broadheads continue to hit out to 80 yards where they are supposed to but at 50 yards field points are about 2” low at 60 yards field and points are about 4” low and out at 80 yards field points are about 8” low. Again broadheads are fine just field points.

Any ideas on what’s causing this?

Zac

WKR
Yes you may have a nock low tear that is so subtle you don't know you have it. You may be planing point high off the riser. This is assuming the tiny little wing tips of the Sevr are able to grab enough air to plain in the first place.

So anyone had their broadheads hit higher than field points at ranges past 50 yards? I’m shooting Sevr 2.0s 100 gr. Bow is tuned we’ll and I’m putting both field points and broadheads into the same POI out to about 50 yards. After 50 yards (actually about 47 yards) my field points start dropping off. My broadheads continue to hit out to 80 yards where they are supposed to but at 50 yards field points are about 2” low at 60 yards field and points are about 4” low and out at 80 yards field points are about 8” low. Again broadheads are fine just field points.

Any ideas on what’s causing this?

you say Broadheads are hitting where they are supposed to. Does that mean your field points were on and have now changed or the Broadheads line up with your sight tape and field points do not? Either way if there is a difference you need a small nock height or rest adjustment. I would go for the rest because it’s obviously pretty subtle. I would move the rest up a 1/4 to half a line gap and see what happens. You will have to also move your sight housing up.

rob86jeep

WKR
Have you weighed your field tips and broad heads to see if they're the same? I would think you may have 125 grain field tips (unknowingly) if they start hitting lower the further out you go in distance.

Zac

WKR
you say Broadheads are hitting where they are supposed to. Does that mean your field points were on and have now changed or the Broadheads line up with your sight tape and field points do not? Either way if there is a difference you need a small nock height or rest adjustment. I would go for the rest because it’s obviously pretty subtle. I would move the rest up a 1/4 to half a line gap and see what happens. You will have to also move your sight housing up.
I think if his broadheads are hitting high he would move the rest down. Assuming he has a nock low tear.

OP
Northpark

Northpark

WKR

So by hitting where they are supposed to I mean they line up with the sight tape. I tuned everything with broadheads but grabbed field points to shoot a 3D course which is when I discovered the issue. I guess it’s not a huge deal right this second because I’m only shooting broadheads right now getting ready for my NV archery deer tag in 3 weeks. The Sevrs are flying great and I’m super confident in them. Might mess with the rest though.

ncavi8tor

WKR
Lower the rest a very, VERY small amount. Like 1/32". Place a mark where it is before you move it so you can always come back.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zac