California Hunters? Where you at?

kowalski

FNG
We plan to bow hunt and use that for scouting. We hunted Miranda pines area this year a few weekends didn’t see any lions but know they are there for sure. We were down off pine mountain road and around the Kerry canyon trail. Maybe I will see you out there next year.

thats my neck of the woods too. You wouldn't happen to drive a jeep? Saw one parked this past bow season near bates canyon.

I'm in south OC and rarely head north of Monterey. I prefer to hunt outta state. Prefer a stickbow but will use a CB or firearm for certain hunts (like predator calling & big birds). Not much in this state worth driving more than 7 hours for (one way). Would rather spend that time driving east.

screen.jpg

ds3068

FNG
same east bay. only been to b zone a couple times and would love to backpack hunt with a buddy.

bayangler

FNG
South Bay here. Haven’t done much hunting at all in the past few years due to family but starting to get over the hump at home and looking forward to getting back out.

So you so cal hunters struggle with getting any scouting done? Do you weekend warrior? Or just get vacation time during deer season and hunt hard for the time off you have?

Marin County hunter here, pretty sure I’m the only one in the county too. Hunted A zone last year and found a nice public land spot with good deer numbers.

Anyone hunted/fished the golden trout wilderness? I think it’s X9A or X9B? Was wondering if it was possible to combine a backcountry hunting and fishing trip or if the hunting is too late in the season. Never been in the area so I don’t know much about it, but I’d like to catch a golden trout at some point in my life.