Chest Rig - Gun Carry

CiK01

WKR
I really like my Alaska Guide Creation binocular harness for its bino protection, but I have not found a way I liked to carry a gun with it. I am starting to think I about transitioning to a Hill People Gear chest rig to carry a gun and figure out a way to carry the binos with it instead.

Anybody use a HPG chest rig and have a way to put binos on it too?

Thanks!

Voyageur

WKR
Depending on the size of your binos they could fit inside the kit bag. At times I have worn my bino case right over my kit bag. Not the best, but doable.
Call the folks at HPG and I'm sure they can give you some good options. Might be a good idea to check out their forum as well.
Hope this helps.

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
Check out Razco Gear, Justin puts out a quality holster that attaches to you AGC . Ive got one of his on my FHF bino harnes and absolutely love it. He's also a Rokslide sponsor.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Marmots

Lil-Rokslider
A kenai chest holster with a glock 20 fits pretty comfortably under my AGC classic with 10x42s in it.

I like having the chest holster separate from the harness for those times late at night when nature calls.

bsnedeker

WKR
HPG for me. It's not very fast but man it's nice. When I'm hiking at night in bear country I unzip it a bit to get it staged in case I need it in a hurry.

It's either that or a thigh rig for me which i like but I seem to be in the minority on that one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Coach529

Lil-Rokslider
Love my Gunfighters Kenai under my FHF bino harness. Fits perfect.

PSX_20190908_180530-X3.jpg

def90

WKR
I really like my Alaska Guide Creation binocular harness for its bino protection, but I have not found a way I liked to carry a gun with it. I am starting to think I about transitioning to a Hill People Gear chest rig to carry a gun and figure out a way to carry the binos with it instead.

Anybody use a HPG chest rig and have a way to put binos on it too?

Thanks!

HPG makes a bino pouch. Get the Recon bag with the molle on it and the bino pouch attaches right to the front of it, that’s what I use.

def90

WKR
Recon molle chest pack with bino pouch attached. The molle makes for a great place to clip your range finder and other items like knives, TQs, pens and whatever other small items you may need access to.IMG_20201113_185100665.jpg

OP
CiK01

CiK01

WKR
HPG makes a bino pouch. Get the Recon bag with the molle on it and the bino pouch attaches right to the front of it, that’s what I use.
Just checked out that bino pouch. I didn't know they had that. Definitely an option.

Tried a leather chest rig, made a horrible squeak where the back rubbed against it. Used it once. Too noisy for a bow hunter.

def90

WKR
How do you attach the rangefinder to that?
The recon pack has molle (an attachment system) on it which are rows of webbing that allow you to attach various items or pouches that are molle compatible. The range finder just has a belt clip on it so you just clip it to the molle.

I still run a version of this chest rig regularly.

Prefer my pistol, when I carry one hunting, on my hip. However, I will sometimes run it on the right side of my chest rig where the range find is and run the rangefinder in the gp pouch on the left side.

GZeus24

Lil-Rokslider
It's either that or a thigh rig for me which i like but I seem to be in the minority on that one.

Glad to see I am not the only one. I looked at chest options but I couldn't get comfortable with the ones I tried. When hunting, its thigh first and pack belt second for me.