CO Leftovers Posted

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
only to the next 5 in line... after that, goes to leftover list. So, if those 5 decline... or more than 5 get turned in, goes on leftover list. Happens every year.

They say that, but when they called to offer my daughter her reissue tag.......I asked them how it was possible that they got to her when there were at least 8 people above her with more points that didn't draw. The guy said "I've called a LOT of people, and nobody seems to want it". That was 8 days before the season started.

cmbbulldog

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting... there are 5+ point tags every year on the list. Not surprised most folks decline... burning preference points last minute would be tough to do without prep and scouting.

Phaseolus

WKR
I thought units that took 5 or more points to draw didn't go on the leftover list. They went to the next person in line that applied for the unit in the regular draw. I guess I was wrong?
There aren’t any 5 Pus point tags in the second leftover go round which is what this is. And they do go to high point people if any get turned in.

cmbbulldog

Lil-Rokslider
There will be more tags added every week starting august 11th. Department calls the next 5 people in line, then tag goes to leftover list.

Yes indeed. It's not a high demand unit at all, these guys just didn't apply for the draw with me and ended up in the secondary getting the unit next door. I'm going to mail them both a 6 pack of energy drinks and some youtube videos for mouse and keyboard workouts for their fingers to get them ready. lol
They will have to turn their tags back in FIRST before they will be able to apply for another tag, so it could be risky and end up with nothing....

ScottATU

FNG
This post made my evening. No I'm going to cry if I dont check out fast enough to get the tag I really want on this list....

ahlgringo

WKR
Get your Kleenex ready. Between website crashes and the sheer number of people that will be after desirable tags- its tough to get a tag that has less than 20 or so leftovers. I have had high hopes almost every year- usually pretty quickly dashed. But... somebody has to get the tags right?

ScottATU

FNG
Get your Kleenex ready. Between website crashes and the sheer number of people that will be after desirable tags- its tough to get a tag that has less than 20 or so leftovers. I have had high hopes almost every year- usually pretty quickly dashed. But... somebody has to get the tags right?

Yeah I figure its a dice roll. Just happy to have a shot at it honestly.

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
What no one tells you is that if a person goes to a kiosk or physical location, and they select a tag, it doesn’t matter how long it takes to pay for it because it is removed from the list ASAP due to being in person.

For an online shopper, you have to wait to pay for it before it’s yours which equals=slim chances on the first day online.

After that first day things get easier, you just have to monitor the list non stop in whatever way you choose.

I personally wish they would go back to the residents first for a day before the mad house starts. I know it isn’t ideal for non res hunters, but with the population boom in CO and “western hunter dreams” it gives the illusion of everyone with “equal” chances.....the truth is a resident has little chance to actually get a tag In their home state which in my opinion any person in their home state should have a significant preference in some way period!

Why don't they just make it a draw? R's and NR's in the same pool. No points pure lottery no take backs.
Well they already did the 2nd draw like that for all limited tags not aquired during the first draw.

They can't just keep doing draw after draw.

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
Why don't they just make it a draw? R's and NR's in the same pool. No points pure lottery no take backs.

I think if they actually placed all the turn ins and tags available, and waited another month later to do the secondary draw....that could be reasonable. But the secondary draw set up the way it is, in my opinion, is a sham.

Get hunters to draw tags no one wanted, that way there is less of a burden on the system when the turn in tags people drew and turned back, which are frankly more desirable, come available in August.

A draw should take two days max to run....there is no reason they can’t do that Aug 1st, give results two days later, and then rum the normal list daily as they do.
Also I’ll still say there needs to be some sort of preference to a resident, no matter what state we talk about. A CO res shouldn’t have “equal” standing with a WY resident in WY, just like that WY res shouldn’t have equal standing with a CO res in CO.

I think if they actually placed all the turn ins and tags available, and waited another month later to do the secondary draw....that could be reasonable. But the secondary draw set up the way it is, in my opinion, is a sham.

Get hunters to draw tags no one wanted, that way there is less of a burden on the system when the turn in tags people drew and turned back, which are frankly more desirable, come available in August.

A draw should take two days max to run....there is no reason they can’t do that Aug 1st, give results two days later, and then rum the normal list daily as they do.
Also I’ll still say there needs to be some sort of preference to a resident, no matter what state we talk about. A CO res shouldn’t have “equal” standing with a WY resident in WY, just like that WY res shouldn’t have equal standing with a CO res in CO.

The preference is the R pays R fees, the NR still pays NR fees.

CoHiCntry

WKR
Just logged in to make sure all my ducks were in a row and got a screen saying “your in line” & we’ll notify you when you can proceed. Don’t remember this from years past? Anyone know what’s up?

Just logged in to make sure all my ducks were in a row and got a screen saying “your in line” & we’ll notify you when you can proceed. Don’t remember this from years past? Anyone know what’s up?
I waited in that for a bit, but eventually got in

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk