Code names you’ve used with UPS?

ccoffey

Lil-Rokslider
It seems everytime I go into UPS to ship something they ask me “What are we shipping today?”. I’ve never had any issues, but a few weeks ago a friend from work was shipping a rifle stock and the lady at the desk apparently refused to ship it because it was a “gun part”.

Just for fun, what code names have you used for gun components with your shipper? I recently used “aircraft part”?

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
I wrote "FFL" one time in the box at a FedEx franchise, and she pitched a fit the next time I brought a scoped rifle to be packed because I didn't have a box. She had been stewing on it, applying her own agenda to her shipping habits. I guess it's human nature on the shippers side to want to know but its apparently human nature to say none of your business on the buyers side too.

PS: I always give a shout out to USPS registered mail when I can. Dude didn't bat and eye when I asked for my shotgun reciever to be insured for $21,000.00 but all the people in line gasped. Great system that we are blessed to have access to....screw UPS and Fedex for guns.

I refuse to ship with UPS, I know people seem to have problems with USPS but I might be lucky. I got a charge for a UPS shipment last night, they’re claiming the bow I shipped was actually 62lbs and not the 12lbs I’d shipped it as

I want to tell them something like “pleasure devices” or “custom bondage clips”

We've had a contractor at our house doing some interior work for the last two weeks. Freaking neighbors are nosy, all asking what we are having done. Not even next door neighbors, like folks down the street that don't even know my name. Next person that asks I'm going to say we are putting in a sex dungeon.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I shipped some bullets, not loaded, and told ups it was copper pieces, or brass piece, can’t remember. They opened my package and called me on my cell phone while I was sitting in the parking lot. Accused me of lying and told me I had to put a black diamond sticker on it or whatever. We got in a big fight in the lobby and finally they said, just put the label on it, even though it’s not hazardous.

I wrote "FFL" one time in the box at a FedEx franchise, and she pitched a fit the next time I brought a scoped rifle to be packed because I didn't have a box. She had been stewing on it, applying her own agenda to her shipping habits. I guess it's human nature on the shippers side to want to know but its apparently human nature to say none of your business on the buyers side too.

PS: I always give a shout out to USPS registered mail when I can. Dude didn't bat and eye when I asked for my shotgun reciever to be insured for $21,000.00 but all the people in line gasped. Great system that we are blessed to have access to....screw UPS and Fedex for guns.
That most certainly is not the case near Houston. The incompetency is rampant in the usps distribution centers here. They lost a package that was dropped off in person for almost 20 days. It’s a giant mess and even politics are getting involved. A 3 day package was taking on average 12-15 days to arrive if it even made it.

KenLee

WKR
We've had a contractor at our house doing some interior work for the last two weeks. Freaking neighbors are nosy, all asking what we are having done. Not even next door neighbors, like folks down the street that don't even know my name. Next person that asks I'm going to say we are putting in a sex dungeon.
Careful, that's what the nosies are hoping for!

gbflyer

WKR

There are a couple pretty good sized precious metal mines not too far from be. Good sized as in thousands of ounces per month year around. The concentrates are shipped south via USPS. I have to chuckle when folks extol the secure shipping virtues of UPS and FedEx. Never seen an armed UPS inspector.

I shipped a bunch of bags of gold samples for assay. Lady refused because they had gold. I came back the next day and shipped them as rock specimens and everyone was happy.

WKR

WKR
I am going to say it again. Pirate ship. Print the label yourself, box it yourself, take it to a drop off location and you dont even have to talk to someone.
I use pirateship, but recently someone told me they won't insure firearms or parts, any truth to that?

JMundy84

Lil-Rokslider
I am going to say it again. Pirate ship. Print the label yourself, box it yourself, take it to a drop off location and you dont even have to talk to someone.

I just learned about pirate ship this week and it works great and it's cheaper that going to a UPS store or post office

CorbLand

WKR
I use pirateship, but recently someone told me they won't insure firearms or parts, any truth to that?
No clue. I havent shipped anything that would warrant insuring in a long time. Pirateship is just a middle man, so it would be based on who you ship through. Sounds like UPS is throwing issues for guns stuff so that may be a policy they enacted.

Going to the distribution centers to ship things from UPS and/or FedEx is the best bet. Most UPS stores around here will not ship guns and/or ammo.