Code names you’ve used with UPS?

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
I shipped a scope with ups because usps had closed for the day. They called around for 30 minutes before he finally let me ship it. Next time, I’ll just ship the next day. What a hassle! Had a stock shipped to me a month ago. They used ups. Took a week longer to get it than it should have because they wouldn’t run their routes after it snowed a week prior. I really wouldn’t have thought much of it, but I had 3 packages show up on a Thursday, and ups delivered 2 of them that Thursday, and wouldn’t deliver the other until the following Tuesday. UPS could fall of the earth and we’d all be better for it.
Funny how different things are in different areas. I wouldn't use USPS to send a postcard anymore. They are horrendous! UPS is super reliable here, but I'm pretty remote. They chain up almost every day to bring me packages. USPS doesn't even deliver letters to my house.

tuffcity

WKR
Mileage certainly varies from area to area! Regarding UPS vs USPS, I'll opt for USPS for international (US to Canada anyway) purchases every time. UPS will charge the crap out it with "handling and brokerage" fees, even if its made in the USA and duty exempt!

FedEx seems to have navigational issues. Last year I ordered a set of custom window blinds from a "Canadian" company owned by a US company- no problems, they do good work at a good price and I don't have to deal with cross border issues. After about 2-3 weeks nothing has shown up so I phone "customer service" and ask about my order. Guy says oh, it was delivered to (some address), Winnipeg, Manitoba. I'm in Whitehorse, Yukon. I say that's not my address and he asks maybe it got delivered to a neighbourhood one over from mine. I ask him where he is and the reply is Houston, TX. I laughing said well, if you ordered something from New York to Houston and they delivered it to Seattle, is that one neighbourhood over? He laughed and said I'll get that fixed for you right away. Had the blinds in a week.

Good company service, questionable delivery service! lol

Funny how different things are in different areas. I wouldn't use USPS to send a postcard anymore. They are horrendous! UPS is super reliable here, but I'm pretty remote. They chain up almost every day to bring me packages. USPS doesn't even deliver letters to my house.
For me, if it makes it thru Memphis with usps you’re in the clear. But Memphis is where it’ll all go wrong

Whenever I order projectiles. They always make me pick it up at the post office and I’d tell them its fishing weights.
When I ship items to friends I always fill out the company name as “Dong’s and Donuts”

I am going to say it again. Pirate ship. Print the label yourself, box it yourself, take it to a drop off location and you dont even have to talk to someone.
Exactly.

I don't need to explain myself to someone who's job is slapping stickers on boxes.

I'll just apply the sticker myself.

Maidenfan539

Lil-Rokslider
From the great Mitch Hedberg: "I like the UPS man because he's a drug dealer and don't even know it."

*This comment is not intended to endorse drug use or abuse.
That's the truth, so many drugs shipped through the US. Makes me wonder why even bother telling them anything about anything. Nothing happens to the drug dealers who ship said drugs.

go_deep

WKR
We've had a contractor at our house doing some interior work for the last two weeks. Freaking neighbors are nosy, all asking what we are having done. Not even next door neighbors, like folks down the street that don't even know my name. Next person that asks I'm going to say we are putting in a sex dungeon.

Then ask what his wife is doing next week...

87TT

WKR
Funny, I just got an AR upper and ammo from UPS last week When I ship anything it's Pirateship. We don't have a UPS store near here so we either hand it to the driver or drop it off at the local NAPA auto parts store.

fwafwow

WKR
I asked. The reply was that if you do not ship a prohibited item according to the shippers rules the third party insurance will insure it. The only thing they called out specifically firearms related was you cannot ship ammunition via USPS. They acknowledged that you can ship firearms legally via USPS.
I think you are legally obligated to declare a firearm if you ship it. I figure some may risk it and not declare, but in doing so you may have violated not only the law, but also the shipper’s rules. Then if you seek coverage on a firearm, the insurance company might deny the claim. That would be my worry.