Code names you’ve used with UPS?

Marble

WKR
I refuse to ship with UPS, I know people seem to have problems with USPS but I might be lucky. I got a charge for a UPS shipment last night, they’re claiming the bow I shipped was actually 62lbs and not the 12lbs I’d shipped it as
That's probably calculated dimensional weight. We do it at work all the time.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

mjh

FNG
Never shipped a firearm. But I've shipped laminated wood--bows, sporting goods--bows/misc. outdoor gear, wood working tools or just tools--knives, canvas bag-packs.
Shipped some items to Canada and England. Buyers asked me not to say exactly what items was. I said I would not lie, but I'd be happy to be creative. Seems importing some items can be costly or difficult.

I ship for my spouse more often than not, I don't know what she puts in her boxes. At UPS I usually say gifts/cloths even though I don't really know.

Never has a problem mailing out spent brass. Into a Priority Mail box and away it goes.

I think you are legally obligated to declare a firearm if you ship it. I figure some may risk it and not declare, but in doing so you may have violated not only the law, but also the shipper’s rules. Then if you seek coverage on a firearm, the insurance company might deny the claim. That would be my worry.
I would definitely not risk it,if they can screw you they will.
I will take all my stuff to a ffl and let them ship it.
Seems a way better option for a 20-25 doller charge.

Burnsie

Lil-Rokslider
Seems like there is also a lot of concern about whether insurance is able to be used in various situations. Based on other post in the past, it sounds like getting any of the carriers to make good on their insurance is about impossible. They will come up with an excuse to not honor the claim for almost everything. If you do get payment, it is usually for less than the claim and after a whole bunch of appeals.

KNOPHISH

FNG
I’ve had usps only ask if it’s hazardous? No. Who do FFLs use or are they exempt? It’s a hole puncher. I bought some Accubonds from a private party shipped in a flat rate box that folds together and has tabs on box that supposed to hold together. The ammo box didn’t fit so he took the bag of bullets out of the box and folded it to put inside but didn’t tape up the flat rate. I received the folded box, no bullets. Called and he said they were in there, sent me a pic. I filed the claim for $50 but showed the pic to the mailman of the bag of bullets. She found em and I got em, then the check showed up. I called to return so I wouldn’t get charged with mail fraud. They said just don’t cash it so I shredded it.

CorbLand

WKR
I’ve had usps only ask if it’s hazardous? No. Who do FFLs use or are they exempt? It’s a hole puncher. I bought some Accubonds from a private party shipped in a flat rate box that folds together and has tabs on box that supposed to hold together. The ammo box didn’t fit so he took the bag of bullets out of the box and folded it to put inside but didn’t tape up the flat rate. I received the folded box, no bullets. Called and he said they were in there, sent me a pic. I filed the claim for $50 but showed the pic to the mailman of the bag of bullets. She found em and I got em, then the check showed up. I called to return so I wouldn’t get charged with mail fraud. They said just don’t cash it so I shredded it.
Hopefully they made a note to cancel that check or their budget manager is really going to hate you.

Wyoboy321

FNG
Shipped some "handcycle parts" to a friend in MT since we're both paras and do ride handcycles lol